Briskeby is one of four pop bands in Norway that doesn't suck ass, according to most music critics in the country.
The music style is kinda retro 80ies, they are somewhat influenced by former pop bands like Blondie.
They come from Larvik, a small city south west of the capital Oslo, and the vocalist Lise Karlsnes is quite stunning.

They won the highest award for achievements in music in Norway in early 2001. And three other prizes.

The band is still young and have only one album on the market: Jeans for Onassis

Getting a marketing and popularity boost after being invited by old 80's favourites A-ha to join their comeback tour together with Anneli Drecker from Bel Canto, Briskeby is probably Norways most promising cultural export at the moment.

Briskeby got 4 awards at Norways most prestigious award show, Spellemansprisen, in 2001, have had massive radio play with the tunes Propaganda and Wide Awake from their debut album Jeans for Onassis. In April 2001, they are the only Norwegian band being on rotation on MTV.

Briskeby is not entirely from Larvik. The band members Bjørn Bergene, Claus Larsen and Bård Helgeland are from Larvik, singer Lise Karlsnes is from Tønsberg.

The official site informs that "Briskeby" has the following parallell meanings:

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.