The bobcat, Lynx rufus, is named for its short, "bobbed" tail. They have a ruff of hair around their faces, and short tufts of hair at the top of their ear. Bobcats can be various shades of brown, and usually have black spots on their undersides, many also onto the sides and back. They live in southern Canada, throughout the U.S., and northern Mexico, in all sorts of habitats; the ones in forests tend to be smaller than the ones in open areas.

They mostly eat rabbits, rats and hares, but have been known to go for larger animals. They can be active at any hour, but most commonly at dawn and dusk because that's when their prey is out and about. They are generally solitary.

Bobcats are doing pretty well; they are protected in many places because they have been hunted for their fur, but they are not nearly as threatened as many wild cats. In some cases human settlement has helped them by producing small fields and woodlots which are good places to find prey.

Episode 5 of Space Ghost Coast to Coast first aired on May 27, 1994. It was written by Matt Maiellaro, Andy Merrill, and Khaki Jones.

Guests: As you could probably judge from the title, one of the guests was comedian Bobcat Goldthwait. Also appearing were the Ramones, just before their 4 year long retirement tour.

Episode Premise: A pretty thin plot actually, but historically a heavily referenced episode. In it we find out Zorak's a huge Ramones fan and Space Ghost's real name is Tad Ghostal. Also the episode features the antics of Zorak imitating Bobcat Goldthwait, Zorak and Moltar claiming to be Ramones, and the origin of the "Crack a Window" bit from the Kentucky Nightmare episode. This is mostly a straight interview episode though, yet with a lot of weirdness.

CHIPs -- Banjo

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.