One of three subway lines in Toronto (the other two being the Yonge-University-Spadina line and the newly constructed Sheppard line), the Bloor-Danforth subway line runs east and west across the city from Kipling to Kennedy, with 31 stations along the way. From west to east, these stations are:

Kipling
Islington
Royal York
Old Mill
Jane
Runnymede
High Park
Keele
Dundas West
Lansdowne
Dufferin
Ossington
Christie
Bathurst
Spadina
St. George
Bay
Yonge
Sherbourne
Castle Frank
Broadview
Chester
Pape
Donlands
Greenwood
Coxwell
Woodbine
Main Street
Victoria Park
Warden
Kennedy

The Bloor-Danforth line intersects the Yonge-University-Spadina line at Spadina, St. George, and Yonge (Spadina and St. George are right next to each other on both lines, which means that you can pick which station you want to switch at. St. George is faster because it's just a single flight of stairs, but Spadina has the long moving walkway, which can be more fun if you're in the mood for it). The east end of the line also connects to the Scarborough RT (above ground Rail Transit) line.

The subway runs from 6:00 AM to 1:30 AM, except on Sundays (when the subway doesn't start running until 9:00 AM) and holidays. A generally useful page for schedule info can be found here.

Toronto landmarks that are located on the Bloor-Danforth subway line (and the stations closest to them):

University of Toronto campus: St. George station (also featuring, for no discernible reason, the Bata Shoe Museum)

Honest Ed's: Bathurst station (featuring a 200 ft. lightbulb-heavy sign that's almost surreal)

High Park: Unsurprisingly, High Park station

The Danforth: Between Chester and Donlands (well, technically everything east of Broadview is on the Danforth, but when they hold the heavily Greek Taste of the Danforth festival, the events are usually held in this particular stretch)

Bloor Viaduct: In between Castle Frank and Broadview stations (the subway passes right through it, which provides a nice view of the Don Valley)

Christie Pits: Christie station

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.