The Bloody Mary Colada is an amazing (or should that be amusing), if slightly stomach-churning alcoholic drink. This cocktail is certainly one-of-a-kind, as it possesses all of the tangy goodness of a Bloody Mary, without sacrificing the tropical island ambience of the Pina Colada. You might not think that these two classic drinks would go well together - and you'd be right!

Here's how you make this very naughty girly drink, or is this a girly man's drink? It's not quite clear. At any rate, here goes:

Ingredients:
2 ounces pineapple juice
2 ounces Bloody Mary Mix
1 jigger light rum
1 ounce cream of coconut
1/2 ounce lemon juice or sweet and sour mix
1 scoop ice
1 whole fresh strawberry

In a blender combine all ingedients except whole berry; blend smooth. Pour into stemmed glass. Garnish with whole berry.

As with all good alcoholic drinks, this one comes with a story. You might think someone would have to be awfully drunk in order to think up something like this, much less drink it. Well, as it turns out, this is not quite true - you just have to be very stupid (or just sleepy, it's not quite clear which was the case). This originated at my wife's graduation party (she just graduated from Kent State). We were having lunch at Damon's after the ceremony, and knowing that they have a lovely drink which they call a Strawberry Colada, my wife ordered this, expecting a tasty treat. What she got was not quite to her satisfaction. At first she was just a bit bewildered, because everything looked right - it just tasted a bit like it had gone very sour - and having the strawberry on top certainly made it look like everything should have been all right. She had a cold at the time, so at first just thought that having her nose stuffed up had impaired her ability to taste it - but after her mother tried it and I tried it, we both agreed there was something not quite right. So she told the waitress, and it turned out that the bartender that day was not quite as clear-headed as he shoud have been, and had replaced the strawberry mix with bloody mary mix - they are both red, after all.

So if you're looking for a good drink to try on a dare, you might go for this one. It's sure to be one colada you'll never quite forget - just try to get the whole thing down!


Back to the Everything Bartender.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.