This is my favorite salad recipe. Alright, for this one you need the following:
  • Dressing
    • Balsamic vinegar. Lots.
    • Oil (as light as possible) about 1/4 as much as the vinegar above.
    • Basil. Dried is fine, but fresh is better.
    • Salt, pepper and paprika to taste.
    • (Can add extras like cayenne pepper or oregano to vary the dressing flavour.)
  • Salad
    • Spinach. One supermarket 'bunch' per person eating.
    • Scallops. About 6-10 scallops per person in the 2cm. (approximately 1inch) diameter format. The equivalent if scallops that large are not available.
    • Red peppers. One per person.
    • Feta cheese. 1/2 tub per person.

Instructions:

  1. Chop the stems off the spinach, or leave them on if you like that kind of thing.
  2. Mix the ingredients for the dressing in a pourable container (measuring cups work well!).
  3. Coat a large enough skillet to hold the scallops with a light coating of oil. Add 1tbsp paprika to oil. Heat the skillet and add defrosted scallops. Fry scallops till cooked.
  4. While cooking scallops, bring a large pot of water to boil.
  5. In addition to the above three, fry up the red peppers in strips of 1cm (1/2 inch).
  6. Once the scallops and red pepper have been cooked, add the spinach to the boiling water, removing when it is limp. Put the removed spinach on a plate, after draining the water from it. Repeat for each serving.
  7. Add scallops & peppers to spinach, crumble feta on top, ensure that the dressing is well mixed, then pour a bunch on top. Repeat for each serving.

Last step, eat and bask in the kudos!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.