This is my favorite salad recipe
Alright, for this one you need the following:
- Balsamic vinegar. Lots.
- Oil (as light as possible) about 1/4 as much as the vinegar above.
- Basil. Dried is fine, but fresh is better.
- Salt, pepper and paprika to taste.
- (Can add extras like cayenne pepper or oregano to vary the dressing flavour.)
- Spinach. One supermarket 'bunch' per person eating.
- Scallops. About 6-10 scallops per person in the 2cm. (approximately 1inch) diameter format. The equivalent if scallops that large are not available.
- Red peppers. One per person.
- Feta cheese. 1/2 tub per person.
- Chop the stems off the spinach, or leave them on if you like that kind of thing.
- Mix the ingredients for the dressing in a pourable container (measuring cups work well!).
- Coat a large enough skillet to hold the scallops with a light coating of oil. Add 1tbsp paprika to oil. Heat the skillet and add defrosted scallops. Fry scallops till cooked.
- While cooking scallops, bring a large pot of water to boil.
- In addition to the above three, fry up the red peppers in strips of 1cm (1/2 inch).
- Once the scallops and red pepper have been cooked, add the spinach to the boiling water, removing when it is limp. Put the removed spinach on a plate, after draining the water from it. Repeat for each serving.
- Add scallops & peppers to spinach, crumble feta on top, ensure that the dressing is well mixed, then pour a bunch on top. Repeat for each serving.
Last step, eat and bask in the kudos!