Big Tippers is a slot machine produced by WMS Gaming (the gambling branch of Williams the arcade game manufacturer). This is an electronic slot machine, with a monitor instead of actual reels. The theme of this particluar machine is that of a casino waitress. This is a twenty line machine with a total of 5 reels, and different versions will accept anywhere from 1 to 200 coins. This machine is usually takes 5 cent tokens, but some casinos have 25 cent and 1 dollar versions of this machine (ouch could you imagine sticking $200 dollars in tokens in a slot machine for one pull?).

The symbols in this game are all waitress related (cocktails, tip jars, cash registers, customers, and similar items are most common). This game features two different bonuses. The first is simply a wild symbol that matches most of the other symbols on the reels. The second is a big complicated bonus round.

The Bonus Round

The bonus round is triggered by getting three or more cocktail waitress symbols anywhere on the reels. You then go to an animated sequence. First you choose a drink tray. Then you are shown how many drinks that you have been allowed for the round (this number is in some ways tied to how many of the lines that you played). Finally you select drinks for your tray from behind the bar. Then you are warped to the casino floor (several different scenes may be encountered here). There you select different people to serve your drinks to. Each person will give you a tip (in credits). The bonus game ends when you run out of drinks (which is when you get the payout). One note on this, it doesn't actually matter what you select, that is a ruse. Your odds are not changed by selecting different trays, drinks, or people. That is just something to make people feel that they are somehow affecting the outcome of the game.

This game (like most electronic lot machines), gives the majority of its payout through the bonus round. You will find that your money quickly goes down the drain if you do not manage to hit the bonus round from time to time.

From the WMS Gaming website
With fun, swanky music and clever player interaction, players choose items from behind the bar such as martinis, draft beer, wine, bottled water and iced tea to serve to casino guests. When they tip the waitress, players win big.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.