"Philosophy is the outcome of human weakness" says the embodiment of revolution, the role model for revolutionaries in India, Bhagat Singh. He says "Any man who stands for progress has to criticise, disbelieve and challenge every item of the old faith. Item by item he has to reason out every nook and corner of the prevailing faith. If after considerable reasoning one is led to believe in any theory or philosophy, his faith is welcomed. His reasoning can be mistaken, wrong, misled and sometimes fallacious. But he is liable to correction because reason is the guiding star of his life. But mere faith and blind faith is dangerous: it dulls the brain, and makes a man reactionary. A man who claims to be a realist has to challenge the whole of the ancient faith. If it does not stand the onslaught of reason it crumbles down."

Bhagat Singh, is the role model, the inspiration for revolutionaries, of all time in India. He died for the freedom struggle of India at the age of 24. His convictions and his world views are amazing. I would say he is the Che Guevara for the Indians.

Born into a Sikh family of farmers in the undivided India, Bhagat Singh's family stood for patriotism, reform and freedom of the country. His father Kishen Singh and uncle Ajit Singh were members of the Ghadr Party founded in the US in the beginning of the nineteenth century to rout the British rule in India.

It was the Jalianwala Bagh Massacre which awakened the revolutionary in him. He went to the Bagh, where more than 400 innocents were killed to collect soil sanctified by the blood of the innocent people and kept it as a memento for life. To avoid early marriage he ran away from home while he was a student. He happened to meet Chandra Shekhar Azad who was involved in revolutionary activities. It was Azad who gave Bhagat Singh a direction for his revolutionary spirit.

The appointment of Simon Commission to report on the political happenings in India marked the turning point in his life. The Commission didn't have enough representatives from India, in fact, not even a single representative from India. All the political parties decided to boycott the Commission when it visited the major cities of India. In Lahore, Lala Lajpatrai and Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya organised a protest indicating their displeasure. Despite being a peaceful protest Lala was beaten and he succumbed to the injuries. Bhagat Singh, an eyewitness vowed to take revenge and he with his colleagues killed another police officer due to mistaken identity. He had to flee Lahore to avoid capital punishment.

As a mark of protest against the repressive measures of the British, he threw a bomb in the central assembly, not to cause death or injury, but to draw the attention of the British government. The British were about to pass an ordinance to prevent people from organizing protests and processions. After throwing the bomb, he and Bhatukeshwar Dutt courted arrest. They were shouting slogans of Inquilab Zindabad. He was given death penalty and he was hanged on 23rd March 1931.

To get a more clear picture of his ideals, I recommend you to read the book " Why I am an Atheist " written by Bhagat Singh, a few days before his martyrdom.Refer to http://www.boloji.com/spirituality/051.htm.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.