Belldandy is the titular character in Oh My Goddess! She works for the Goddess Network, granting wishes to those who have had nothing but bad luck yet have remained good and pure in their hearts.

Keiichi, the other main character, accidentally mis-dials the Goddess Network and Belldandy appears out of a wall mirror. Keiichi is, naturally, freaked out at first. Eventually he comes around when she tries to convince him to make a wish. He could wish for riches, or even to rule the world. Instead, he is so taken by Belldandy's beauty that he simply asks that she become his girlfriend from then on.

Belldandy is shocked when his wish is granted. She is transferred to Earth to be Keiichi's girlfriend. She is a bit upset at first but realizes that Keiichi is really a nice, kind-hearted person. Unfortunately, they are discovered together in his all-male dorm and are summarily kicked out.

They ride around on his motorcycle, a nice opposition-four BMW, looking for lodgings until they stumble upon a run-down temple. After an initial misunderstanding where the monk thinks that Keiichi's trying to steal from the poor box, he offers them a place to stay if they help do some maintenance.

The rest of the anime involves their adventures, especially when Belldandy's sisters, Urd and Skuld, appear and need a place to stay. Overall, this is one of my favorite anime series, and I highly recommend it plus the OAV and the movie.

Iron Noder 2017

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.