Part of the classic crime family, the Beagle Boys are always making attempts to get Scrooge McDuck and his money. Bigtime(167-671), Bouncer(716-167), and Burger(176-761) are always seen decked out in orange sweaters, blue jeans, and black masks. Their mother, Ma Beagle always sends them cakes with nailfiles, explosives, or other such useful equipment for jail breaks.

Unfortunately for the Beagle Boys, their schemes are constantly being thwarted by GizmoDuck, Scrooge McDuck, his nephews, or even themselves. At the end of nearly every episode of DuckTales, the Boys found themselves returned to jail, exactly where they were at the beginning of the episode.

Interesting note: The Beagle Boys were actually drawn to combat Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse initially, before their use in DuckTales.

The classic Beagle Boys of comic book fame were a much larger gang than those represented in DuckTales. Hundreds of Beagle Boys were sometimes seen at once. In the canonical Scrooge McDuck stories (I refer to the ones by Carl Barks) the Beagles were always identical in appearance, but often had different specialties (for instance, one might be an expert in Egyptology). Furthermore, the Beagles always sported six-number identifications in the form nnn-nnn, using almost exclusively the digits 1, 6, and 7. The Beagles did not have nicknames -- they even referred to each other by number.

The Beagles' existence consisted of hatching grand plans to steal Scrooge's wealth. These plans were usually quite cunning and the Beagles even partially succeeded on several occasions, but of course Scrooge was back in possession of his money bin and other assets by the end of the comic.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.