A state (Bundesland) in the Federal Republic of Germany, Bavaria (Bayern) takes up the entire southeastern corner of the country. Major cities in Bavaria include Munich (München) and Nuremberg (Nürnberg).

Bavarians are largely conservative and religious (Catholic, to be exact) and have a distinctive accent. There is a major conservative party, the Christian Social Union (CSU), that finds its base of support almost exclusively in Bavaria and which strives for issues like manditorily posting the Ten Commandments in schools. Bavaria is to Germany like Texas is to the USA.

Americans love Bavaria, especially those who flock to Munich for Oktoberfest. Many American soldiers were stationed in the state during the Cold War, since Bavaria was in the American sector. Many of the stereotypes Americans have about Germans come from Bavaria: lederhosen and dirndls, elaborate beer steins, quaint half-timber houses, and open-air beer fests.
The Bavaria brewery is located in Lieshout, in The Netherlands. Bavaria is usually the cheapest beer you find in the supermarket. The price of a can of Bavaria is usually below that of a can of Coca Cola.
The Bavaria brewery is also the maker of the low budget 3-Es drinks that I personally find better tasting than any other soda drinks.
Bavaria beer is a beer produced by the Dutch Bavaria breweries. It is a fairly cheap beer, and it is generally not considered very classy to drink it. Because maltose is added, it is noticeably sweeter than the average Dutch beer, which contains only water, malt, yeast, and hop, making it a rather popular beer, especially for the common folk in the south of the Netherlands.

As for my personal opinion of this beer: It is rather sweet, so it goes down quite easily, making it a good choice to get drunk on. If you don't like beers with a very hoppy, bitter taste, you may like this one.

The brewery is a family company, owned by the Swinkels family. It is known for its sweet budget sodas, which it sells under the 3S brand. Judging from the taste of their soda and beer, they probably figured out that sugar sells: the brewery produced around 5 million hectoliter of beer in 2003, which gives is a market share in the Dutch beer market of 15%. sources: http://www.energieprojecten.nl/pr_bavaria.htm http://www.cambrinus.nl/brw/BAVARIA.HTM

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.