When you engages in bathing, you are simply immersing yourself in the miraculous thing that is a bath.

The experience of bathing's nature is largely dependant on three things.

The the water temperature and your mindset are two of the variables. If you are revved up for a good think and the water temperature is spectacularly hot, bathing can be a transcendental experience in a most literal sense. Time can cease to matter. Space can cease to matter. All you feel is the wonderfully hot water caressing your skin, all you think are the most beautiful and brilliant thoughts there ever were. Love can well up in your breast for all of creation, and every problem in all the world is soluble. Of course, when you ultimately emerge from the bath (and it can easily be five or six hours later), all of this will pass you by fairly quickly. Generally, all you are left with is a somewhat more relaxed soul, maybe a good idea or two if you were able to hold on, and a shock that permeates your body when you look at the clock, see the time, and scream, "Jesus! I just spend six hours in the bath!" If you are not revved up for a good think and the water is spectacularly hot, you probably won't undergo a very transcendental experience at all. In fact, it might simply be a very unpleasent event that elicits a cry of, "Jesus, that is really freaking hot!" If the water is cold and you are revved up for a good think, very little may come of it, since blue lips and quivering limbs are not very conducive to thinking. Likewise, if you are not revved up for a good think and you use cold water, very little will come of it. In fact, cold water is mostly only good for freaking you in back into existance after some kind of freak out (whether it be from fear, bad ketchup, or just horniness).

And as for the third variable. . .well, that's the contents of the bathtub (e.g. milk, watermelon juice, hot chocolate, etc.)

Bath"ing (?), n.

Act of taking a bath or baths.

Bathing machine, a small room on wheels, to be driven into the water, for the convenience of bathers, who undress and dress therein.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.