Barbara Bottner was born on May 25, 1943. She grew up wanting to paint, dance, and tell stories. She ended up doing a little of everything. In the 60s she attended Boston University, Ecole des Beaux Arts, the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and the University of California, Santa Barbara.

She went to Paris to study as a painter, and was asked to paint sets for an experimental off-broadway troupe. Her sets were good, but were too big, and overshadowed the actors - she was fired as a set designer and re-hired as an actress.

I have no idea of the chronology, but at various times she was a freelance writer, kindergarten teacher in New York City, animation producer, visual artist, actress on tour in the US and Europe, producer of short animated films, professor at the Parsons School of Design in NYC, instructor at the Oris Art Institute in LA, and staff writer for Nickelodeon.

And she was always writing - traditional journalism, television and script writing, book reviews, humor essays, non-fiction, and finally children's books.

So far, Barbara has written and illustrated more than twenty books for children. She also continues to write for both film and television.

Barbara lives in LA with her husband, Gerald, whose music, she says, can cause changes in the weather.


Books:

Bootsie Barker Ballerina

Bootsie Barker Bites

It's Not Marsha's Birthday

Marsha Is Only a Flower

Marsha Makes Me Sick

Nana Hannah's Piano

The Scaredy Cats

Two Messy Friends


thanks to:
http://pages.prodigy.net/drxray/
http://www.penguinputnam.com/catalog/yreader/authors/382_biography.html
www.bn.com
www.amazon.com

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.