Unless you're an ace at turning a deaf ear to automobile advertising or loan sharks, chances are you've heard the phrase

BAD CREDIT?!? NO CREDIT!?! NO PROBLEM!!!

at least once in your life. As far as annoying shit goes, this litany is one of the worst.

Yeah, that shit sucks. Worst thing is that you just can't get it out of your head once you hear that phrase. 

Around when the US economy got bailed out, a hungry young group of Brooklyn musicians decided to capitalize on this credit conundrum to form one kick-ass jazz-soul revivial/punk cabaret swingin' big band.

Currently, they are: Carrie-Anne Murphy (vocals, saxophone, winds, surprises), Andrew Russell Thomas (bass), Mark Karges (drums), Carter Yasutake (trumpet), and Ryan Weisheit (woodwinds). Lineup subject to change.

They've done SXSW in Austin as well as numerous hole-in-the-wall shows in various locales in Brooklyn. 

Oh yeah, they're funny too. In one of the live recordings I heard, the singer threatened to fart on people who didn't dance. So far they have an EP, and some live stuff and one single (the latter of which is a Joe Cocker tune released to help cover their Kickstarter debts, which from what I can tell is no joke—that particular form of crowdsourcing is apparently not a good idea for a band without a strong following). 

Partial tracklisting, in no real order: Dogs and Cats Living Together, Shit hits the Fan, Beltway 8, Boys' Club, Love is Blonde, Whorgin.

Note that this is not just a party band. These folks are committed to social change through the power of good music and dancing.

Full release coming soon.

Check 'em out!!!!!!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.