Auction Poker



Beginning the game

1. Every player contributes the ante
2. Starting with the player on his left, the dealer deals each player three cards face down. Players may look at their cards.

On your turn

1. If you have any face down cards, you must choose one to turn over.
2. You may now:
a. Pay or be paid an agreed price to give a face up card to another player, or
b. Pay or be paid an agreed price to receive a face up card from another player, or
c. Pay or be paid an agreed price to swap a face up card from another player, or
d. Not trade any cards
3. Then, you may:
a. Fold. Turn all your cards face up and place them horizontally end-to-end to indicate you have folded. You have no more turns in this hand (i.e. you may not buy/sell/swap cards once you have folded).
b. Call the bet. If you are the last person to call the bet, and no player still has face down cards, there is a showdown to determine who wins the pot.
c. Raise the bet. If any player still has face down cards, or if you just turned up the last face down card, you may raise the bet even if everyone has previously called.

Showdown

1. Showdown cannot happen unless all cards are face up
2. A hand of exactly five cards always beats a hand with more or less than five cards. Only the highest card matters in this case (see showdown rule 5)
3. You cannot win the pot if you have folded.
4. Hands are ranked according to normal poker rules: straight flush (highest), four of a kind, full house, flush, straight, three of a kind, two pair, one pair. Aces are high or low, but not both.
5. If no player has a hand of exactly five cards, the player with the highest card wins. Aces are high, and suits are ranked spades (highest), hearts, diamonds, clubs.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.