Spike: Hey, Jet...

Jet: He's a high-end of the syndicate that deals all around the asteroids.

Spike: About this Qing-jiao-rou-si(Beef with Peppers)...

Jet: This guy's name is Asimov Solensan. Weren't you listening to me?!

Spike: You don't call meatless 'beef with bell peppers' 'beef with bell peppers,' do you?

Jet: Yes, you do.

Spike: No, you don't!

Jet: You do when you're broke!

-Spike Spiegel and Jet Black conversing about dinner and their bounty
Asteroid Blues is the 1st episode of the 26 episode television anime series, Cowboy Bebop. This episode was written by Keiko Nobumoto, and was originally not broadcast, WOWOW broadcast this episode in its proper place on 10.23.98.

Cowboy Bebop is a science fiction show that follows a crew of misfit bounty hunters. Spike Spiegel, an ex-assassin for a crime syndicate; Jet Black, an ex-law enforcement agent; Faye Valentine, a thief, gambler, and seductress; Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV, a teenage computer genius; and Einstein, a data dog. However, in this episode only Spike and Jet are introduced to us.

This is the first episode of Cowboy Bebop and introduces two of the main characters, Spike Spiegel and Jet Black. We don't even get much background information on them yet, other than the fact that Spike was born on Mars.

Desperate for money, as we'll find out later is their usual state, they're after a bounty named Asimov. The bounty seems to have robbed his previous employers of an experimental drug, Red Eye, that is similar to amphetimines. Asimov and his woman are currently hiding out on an asteroid town by the name of Tijuana.

Spike and Jet split up to try to locate the bounty. Jet through local authorities and contacts, and Spike through mysticism. Spike meets with his friend Laughing Bull, who tells him that he'll meet "the red-eyed coyote will appear in the north end of town." He also warns Spike that he shall be killed by a woman.

Meanwhile, Asimov has been found by some of his ex-employer's men, and easily dispatched them in a bar that he was trying to sell the drug to. Jet finds the place and shambles and luckily stumbles into two of the hit men, and questions them.

The woman with Asimov also seems to be much more than she appears, and Asimov is getting weaker with each use of the drug. It's only a matter of time until his, or her, plans are foiled by the bounty hunters, hit men, or local law enforcment.

Episode Info
Episode #: 1
Written by: Keiko Nobumoto
Original BroadCast #: N/A
Original Airdate: N/A
WOWOW Airdate: 10.23.98
Miscellanous Info
Bounty:
Asimov Solensan - 2.5 Million Woolongs
Old Three Men Appearance:
First at the bar in which Asimov fights the hit men, and later on the patio of where Asimov and Spike meet again.
Songs:
Don't Bother None
ELM
Felt Tip Pen
Memory
Road to the West
Rush
Spokey Dokey
Ending Line:
See you Space Cowboy...

Previous Episode | Next Episode


Source:
The Jazz Messangers - http://jazz.trancetechno.com/
The Real Folk Blues - http://rfblues.aaanime.net

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.