In the world of J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series, Arthur Weasley, born February 6, 1950, is the patriarch of the Weasley wizarding family during the timespan of the books. 

Arthur's parents were Septimus Weasley and Cedrella Black, whose family banished her after she married a "blood traitor". He married Molly Prewett after graduating from Hogwarts and they had seven kids, including Ron Weasley, Harry Potter's best friend. Bill and Charlie had already graduated from Hogwarts when Harry arrived, and Percy, twins Fred and George, and eventually Ginny Weasley joined Harry at school.

Arthur was a full member of the second Order of the Phoenix and worked at the Ministry of Magic at the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts office. He owned a flying Ford Anglia that eventually escaped and now lives in the forbidden forest. 

Arthur was almost killed by Lord Voldemort's snake Nagini, and J.K. Rowling did consider allowing him to die. She allowed him to live because it would have changed Ron and "turn him into half-a-Harry" with the loss os a parent. She also didn't want to lose one of the few good parenting role models in the book.

In the movie version, Arthur is played by actor Mark Williams, a 5'11" ginger with a great sense of humor.

Iron Noder 2017

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.