Everything Day Logs
Yesterday | Tomorrow

Everything Snapshot

Time: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 00:03:13 GMT
Everything server: Apache/1.3.9 (Unix) mod_perl/1.21
Number of nodes: 455667 (1687 new since April 7, 2000)
Number of users: 13058 (22 new since April 7, 2000)
Number of links: 953371 (18645 new since April 7, 2000)

New Nodes: Users Online (22): [dbrown] [Pseudo_Intellectual] [jessicapierce] [ModernAngel] [Saige] [Deborah909] [ailie] [datagirl] [Spydr] [Uberfetus] [Electric Mollusk] [Starrynight] [Distractor] [DMan] [FlexAble] [CrazyIvan] [briiiiian] [bob the cow] [sahib!] [cardinal] [CthulhuFhtagn] [autonode5199]

JeffMagnus node count: 3643 (1 new since April 7, 2000)
JeffMagnus experience: 4703 (6 more since April 7, 2000)
JeffMagnus nodeshare: 0.800%
JeffMagnus node of the day: Everything 2 Civil War

The inventor of magnetic poetry, on a promotional tour through big franchise bookstores to drum up sales, is recounting the story of the invention of magnetic poetry (it involves hay fever making paper cut-out words blow away) before a magnetic poetry slam.

"... and that's where I am. Oh, but now I'm financially independent!"

(guy from the crowd:) "So now you have time to write songs and compose all the poetry you want!"

"Well, not really. I'm a manager of this whole business now."

(enthusiastic slam poet:) "But are you HAPPY?!"

"(pause)... Yes!"

(applause)

(waits until he thinks no one is looking at him, scowls at the poet.)

in our last episode... | p_i-logs | and then, all of a sudden...

Something i haven't done in a while:
Sat on my bed and fell asleep. Slept for hours, in the middle of the day. I would have slept until tomorrow if i hadn't been woken for dinner. I used to do this at school, i would sleep for so long that i would wake up confused and disappointed at being still in the same life and same body. Found out later that it was a symptom; maybe i should have been taking my medication for the last few years..

Before this happened though:
My sister is home for the weekend. I gave her the frisbee that we searched out in New York, but it was too windy to play as planned, so we just had our picnic in the windy windy cemetery. Also, under her influence, i bought "Cosmic Green" nail polish, which prompted Ginny to remark that my sister and i have very different color senses. It's true. She got pink.
When we got back from the picnic, the neighbors (the ones with the bad band that frequently plays Iron Man) were out in the driveway. As we walked between the houses, one said wryly "watch out for falling roofs!" And verily, our driveway was full of chunks of their asphalt shingles.
My sister is packing a bag tonight for Mum; she's coming home, a few days earlier than planned. There was too much pain for her to take the planned hike. I hope this doesn't destroy her confidence. She's still the most punk-ass mum i know.

/me woke up with stomach pains and a dizzy spell.

But the dizzy spell was probably because I was up all night trying to sleep with said stomach pains.

Needless to say, I spent most of the day trying to sleep with stomach pains. Not very nice, considering most of it was coupled with diarreha. From all this, I was reminded of one thing: I hate the taste of Alka-Seltzer. I don't care that there's no generic equivilant for it.

Later I developed shoulder cramps which graduated into shoulder spasms. But enough of today.

Climbed Moosilauke today. It was snowy and windy and wet and glorious. There were 50 mph winds at the summit. I wish I had brought my kite. Also, we had a very sketchy massage chain and frolic on the top bunk back at the cabin.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.