(http://andover.net) The leading Linux destination, hosting the Slashdot news site, the freshmeat UNIX software site, FreeCode, ibooks, QuestionExchange, ThinkGeek, DaveCentral, AndoverNews, MediaBuilder, IT Manager's Journal, Internet Traffic Report, TechMailings, TechSightings, and the TUCOWS ripoff Slaughterhouse. Owned by VA Linux Systems and now largely absorbed into VA Linux's OSDN.

Andover, Hampshire, UK, is the armpit of the universe. I should know: I live there. You know how some towns are pretty but dull? And some are incredibly ugly but functional - cinemas, clubs, good shops and so on? Well, guess what? Andover is ugly but dull. THERE IS NOTHING TO DO THERE. It's the kind of place where the beautiful people hang out in the multi storey car park. If you are ever heading towards it - take a detour. Or if you insist on coming through message me and give me a lift out of this hellhole. I'll pay you.

Ooh! I nearly forgot! Andover has one famous resident: Reg Presley, former lead singer of The Troggs. He now spends his time looking for crop circles and forming new conspiracy theories. That's what the place does to you.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.