Alfonso was born on September 21, 1971 in New York City. Raised in the Bronx, he attended local schools until he was ten. Alfonso began his acting career at the age of eight, starring in in "Oye Willie", a PBS TV series.

Alfonso didn't limit his talents to television, and expanded on to Broadway in the Tony Award winning show "The Tap Dance Kid." His performance on the stage captured the attention of Michael Jackson, causing him to be recruited to dance with Michael in a Pepsi commercial. Soon after, Alfonso was cast as "Alfonso Spears" in the TV Series "Silver Spoons."

Adding to his list of talents, Alfonso is also an accomplished vocalist. While signed with Island Records, he released several singles.

While attending Cal State University in Los Angeles, where he majored in Theater Arts, Alfonso was signed to fill the role of "Carlton Banks" on the hit sitcom "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air" opposite Will Smith. The series lasted for six years. After "Fresh Prince" went off the air, Alfonso went on to star as Dr. Maxwell Straton in the UPN sitcom "In the House", and also hosted the talent search TV show "Your Big Break."

Alfonso enjoys racing motorcycles and cars, and has taken first place in the Toyota Grand Prix for two years in a row, in 1994 and 1995. Going back to music, Alfonso is now working on a solo album to be produced by Will Smith.

Alfonso currently lives in Los Angeles.


Carlton's Guardian Angel Rocks.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.