go back to Smith's Houses
Albright House was built at the turn of the century, in 1900 as well as its twin sister Baldwin House. The long-standing, red brick building has a front porch, where students like to lounge on warm days, and greet guests, is close to both town and campus. Albright houses 67 Smith College students from all four-class years. Its residents are active participants in many Smith Traditions, including Faculty Tea, the greatly anticipated Senior Banquet, and the Big Sister/Little Sister program and House Initiation. The house also started two new traditions- an annual bowling competition with Baldwin House, and a 1920's Casino night theme for Spring Weekend, complete with poker, blackjack, craps, and theme music.
Albright has 29 single rooms, 19 doubles, and 2 triples. The house has a full kitchen for student use because Albright doesn't have a dining room. Residents of Albright House eat all of their meals in Lamont House, which is across the street, and often spend their evenings playing a game of pool or watching a movie in the recreation room on Albright's first floor. Albright is the only house on East Elm Street with a gym in their basement for 24-hour use in the college community.
Albright House is located on Bedford Terrace, right next to the Alumnae House. Albright is a half-block away from Serio's Pharmacy and State Street Fruit Store, where anything can be found, from masking tape to organic bean sprouts. Walking one more block, students are in the center of town where they can have a cup of coffee or a fruit smoothie at the Haymarket, vegetarian fare at Fire & Water, or an ice cream delight at Herrell's.