In the 1991 Swedish citizens Elisabeth Hallin and her husband celebrated the birth of their son, whom they named "Brfxxccxxmnpcccclllmmnprxvclmnckssqlbb11116 Hallin" as part of an artistic endeavour in free, non-comformist thought. The massive name, which Elisabeth insists is pronounced "Albin", led to the parents being brought up on charges in a district court in Sweden five years later for naming their son such a non-traditional, unfair name. Elisabeth appealed the $680 fine levied on her and her husband, explaining that the name is "a pregnant, expressionistic development that we see as an artistic creation." Little Brfxxccxxmnpcccclllmmnprxvclmnckssqlbb11116 kept the name and went on to be beat up on the playground everyday, most likely.

Many people have dismissed this story as an urban legend, however there are court documents that confirm the existence of this tale. "Weird news" columists John Kohut and Roland Sweet investigated the story in 1996 and it later appeared in their book of stories about the world's least competent people, More Dumb, Dumber, and Dumbest.


References:
More Dumb, Dumber, and Dumbest

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.