Shoe company. Their sneakers are popular with skaters (or used to be). As they are lightweight, flexible, and durable, some of the models make good martial arts shoes too. In recent years they've branched into boots, sandals, etc. They made the marvelous boots worn by Keanu Reeves in The Matrix. Airwalks are thought by some to be a poor imitation of Vans.

The Airwalk as a skateboarding trick has in the past has been used to describe two different maneuvers;

  1. The first (and nowadays more famous maneuver) is a Grab Trick. The skater grabs the nose of the board and holds it away from the body whilst in the air (usually accompanied by a flap of the loose feet). This trick was first used by Rodney Mullen in 1986. Mr Mullen became so adept at this maneuver that he could perform it flatland (from a standing position). Normally though this trick is only seen in Vert competitions.
  2. The second type of Airwalk is more difficult and is best performed whilst ollieing down several stairs. Once in the air the feet are moved almost all the way off the board, toe at heelside edge and heel at toeside edge. The accomplished skater can then perform a couple of switches of foot position before the feet return to the bolts ready for landing.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.