Leveraging the popularity of next generation party games like Rock Band, Guitar Hero, and WarioWare, EA Sports is proud to announce their latest release, Airline Hero.

Airline Hero is a ground breaking simulation that allows players to experience the thrill and excitement of being a member of a commercial airline crew on a passenger jet. The standard game set allows you and up to five of your friends to assume roles among the crew and passengers of three different airliners for four different licensed airlines.

Using the Airline Hero controllers (not compatible with Passenger Jet from Westwood Studios) players can assume the roles of Pilot, Co-Pilot, Navigator, Inflight Attendant, Passenger, or one of three Wild Card positions using your extra Xbox 360 or Nintendo Wii controllers.

Pilot

The Pilot is the primary role in the game. If you are playing in the Single Player Career, you must play as the pilot until you reach cruising altitude. Once at cruising altitude, you can play in any of the other roles (except Wild Card) by pressing the D pad up or down to select the desired role. Keep an eye on the Flight Response Indicator in the left hand corner. If it starts to flash red and the passengers begin to scream, you'll need to switch back to Pilot to prevent the plane from crashing into a mountain or other landscape feature. Changing roles is only supported in the Single Player Career.

During Multiplayer Career or Quick Play, the Pilot seat is the only role that has to be filled. You can't take off without a Pilot! Before the flight starts, press the X Button in the pattern indicated on your HUD (figure 1) to pass the breath analyzer test.

As the Pilot, it's your job to insure the Fasten Seat Belt light is properly illuminated (Button A) during turbulence and hostage situations. Using your head set, the Pilot makes announcements following the prompts that run across the top of the screen. Be careful! You'll lose points if you speak too quickly, or don't pause often enough!

When the yellow light on your HUD starts to flash, you have to go to the restroom. Press the B Button until the Inflight Attendant arrives to stand between you and the First Class passengers. Going to the bathroom (Button Y) before the Inflight Attendant arrives will result in a terrorist running into the cockpit.

Your Xbox 360 or Wii video game system will control take off, landing and flight patch changes.


Co-Pilot

It's the Co-Pilot's job to make inflight announcements and insure the Fasten Safety Belt light is on in the event the Pilot is in the restroom, has been killed by a terrorist, or has fallen asleep at the controls. When the Inflight Attendant brings you and the Pilot your coffee or meal, press the Left Trigger to flirt. Press the Right trigger to sexually harass.

Your Xbox 360 or Wii video game system will control take off, landing and flight patch changes.


Navigator

As the Navigator it's your job to tell the computer which way to fly. Press Left on the D pad until your destination is highlighted in the Flight Computer, then press the Y Button.

If you press Left on the D pad while the plane is in flight, you will change the language of the inflight radio stations between English, French and Spanish. When the blue light on your HUD starts to blink, press the A Button to stay away. When the Inflight Attendant forgets to bring your coffee or meal with the Pilot and Co-Pilot's coffee and meal, press the Left Trigger to complain bitterly about your ex-wife. Press the Right Trigger to cry.

If the Inflight Attendant notifies you of a Pregnant Woman Giving Birth, Push the Right and Left Button repeatedly to explain that you're not trained for that, and then order a Scotch and Soda.


Inflight Attendant

The Inflight Attendant is the back bone of the flight crew. Depending on your control configuration (See diagram C in Appendix D) up to three players can play as Inflight Attendants. During the character customization sequence, you can change the Inflight Attendant from a female character to a gay character.

When the hunger warning indicator on the HUD lights up, press the Right and Left Trigger at the same time to bring the Pilot and Co-Pilot coffee. Press the Right and Left Trigger at the same time twice to bring them their meal. While bringing the Pilot and Co-Pilot their meal, press the D pad right to choose fish. If you choose fish for the meal, the Pilot and Co-Pilot will die.

When the Co-Pilot flirts with you, or sexually harasses you, press the X Button to giggle knowingly and wink. Press the Y button to act like a bitch and spill his coffee or meal on purpose.

During the flight, if the Pilot has turned on the Fasten Safety Belt sign, use your headset to announce that the Pilot has turned on the Fasten Safety Belt sign. When a passenger presses the Call Button, press the A Button to ignore them and continue chatting with your friend in the galley. Press the X Button to turn off the Call Button as you walk by without stopping. Press the Y Button to take the Passenger a Pillow. Press the B Button to take the passenger a $5 Bud Light.


Passenger

Depending on your control configuration (See diagram D in Appendix C) up to three players can play as a Passenger. As the Passenger, it's crucial to the success of the flight for you to use the Restroom (Left Trigger), Order $5 Bud Lights (B Button) and request pillows during turbulence (A Button). To make a belligerent and unreasonable demand of the Inflight Attendant, press the Right Trigger. To press the Call Button press the X Button, then press the appropriate button for the service you demand.

In the event a Terrorist rushes the cockpit, press the Left and Right trigger repeatedly to urinate on yourself. Press the start button to attack the terrorist and be killed. Press the back button to attack the terrorist and not be killed.


Wild Cards

One of the exciting elements of game play in Airline Hero is the ability to play as a Wild Card. Wild Card roles start out as normal Passengers, but using their special controllers, the role changes at a random point during the Flight. Each Wild Card role is selected by the use of a special controller, and you must use the special Airline Hero Wild Card Controller to play that Wild Card role. Your standard Airline Hero controller set, includes three Wild Card Controllers.


Terrorist

You begin the game playing as a Passenger, and all controls are the same. In addition to the Passenger controls, as a Terrorist you must press the left and right button in sequence, following the patter on the screen (If you're playing on the Wii, you have to wave the controller back and forth) to prevent yourself from Acting Suspicious and being discovered as a Terrorist. As the flight continues, the pattern gets more difficult. If you see the Pilot leave the cockpit without calling the Inflight Attendant, Press the Start Button to kill him. The pattern will get increasingly difficult.

Once you're discovered as a Terrorist, press the Blow Up The Plane Button to blow up the plane. Press the B Button repeatedly to rush the cockpit. Press the Threat Button to make Ominous Threats In A Foreign Language. Thrust the controller up and down to order a Scotch and Soda and decide to move to New York and become a taxi driver. If you complete the flight without triggering suspicion, you are killed by your comrades as a traitor when you land.


Pregnant Woman

You begin the game playing as a Passenger, and all controls are the same. In addition to the Passenger controls, as a Pregnant Woman you must press the Left and Right Button in sequence, following the pattern on the screen (if you're playing on the Wii you have to turn the controller clock wise and counter clockwise) to prevent yourself from Giving Birth. As the flight continues, the pattern gets more difficult.

Once you begin to Give Birth, begin to slowly depress the Birth Plunger on the controller until the Giving Birth Line on the HUD turns from blue to red. Once the Giving Birth Line on the HUD turns red, depress the Birth Plunger rapidly to the tune of the beeping signal and speak the text from the prompt into your head set. If the Terrorist is distracted by your Giving Birth and is Discovered, the baby will die unless an Inflight Attendant calls the Navigator from the cockpit to assist with the birth. The Navigator can not assist with Giving Birth.

If you fail to maintain the sequence of the beeping signal with the Birth Plunger, all the Inflight Attendants will have to press the A Button to help deliver the baby. If the Inflight Attendants press the B Button while you are depressing the Birth Plunger, you die.


Federal Air Marshall With a Heart Problem

The Federal Air Marshall With a Heart Problem has to push the A button exactly once every second during the Flight to stay asleep. If he fails to push the A Button every second, he wakes up and orders a $5 Bud Light.

When the Terrorist is discovered, or the Pregnant Woman begins to give Birth, the game will randomly assign one controller as the Pistol and the other as a Bottle of Medicine and the Federal Air Marshall With a Heart Problem will start to have a heart attack. Any other player can then approach the Federal Air Marshall With a Heart Problem and vigorously begin to shake one of the controllers.

If they've selected the controller assigned as the Pistol, the gun goes off in the Federal Air Marshall With a Heart Problem's pocket and he is killed. If they've selected the controller assigned as the Bottle of Medicine, the Federal Air Marshall With a Heart Problem lives and can stop the terrorist by using the other controller to shoot him. Or the Federal Air Marshall With a Heart Problem can assist the Pregnant Woman in Giving Birth by moving both controllers up an down in the same pattern as the Birth Plunger.


In the second quarter of 2008, EA Sports will release three new Wild Card Controllers for Airline Hero; Epileptic Passenger, Child Traveling Alone, and the special two player Wild Card controller, Amorous Honeymoon Couple.

Airline Hero games last between two and eight hours depending on the Flight chosen.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.