An earthquake following and occuring in the same area as the 'main' earthquake.

The largest cause of aftershocks is the redistribution of stress to faults which have been opened or weakened by the main earthquake. The number of aftershocks depends on the magnitude of the main earthquake and decrease exponentially with time.

Aftershocks are generally of smaller magnitude than the parent event, with further aftershocks becoming less and less powerful. Aftershocks can still cause large amounts of damage due to the weakening of structures and fault lines after the parent event.

An aftershock can occur minutes to weeks after the main earthquake.

An alcoholic beverage which is available in three “colours”: red, blue and green.

Red: The original Aftershock is based upon a simple Vermouth like Cinzano with cinnamon added to it. It has a similar flavour cough syrup or Atomic Fireballs and, as such, tends to be more pleasant than traditional drinks like Vodka.

Green: Green Aftershock has a menthol-like flavour and is the strongest of the three drinks, covering the taste of anything else it is mixed with.

Blue: Also known as "Avalanche" (Thanks CzarKhan), this has a taste which is difficult to describe. It simply tastes “cold” and sweet.

The manufacturers of the drink claim that it increases in proof the longer it is left in the bottle due to the formation of crystals within the bottle.

Aftershock can also be used to make a "Gas Chamber", a drink which is set on fire and the vapours inhaled, or can be mixed with Sambuca and set on fire to make a "Buka-Boom". Both of these drinks are very potent.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.