So my dad was trying to make Victorias last night and he boiled the sugar too long.


See, the way you make Victorias is you combine 4 cups of sugar with 2 cups of heavy cream, boil it to the "soft ball" temperature (235 Farenheit), let it cool a bit, then put it in a kitchen mixer and mix it for a good long while. Then you roll it into balls, let the balls cool down, and cover it in melted chocolate. 

Unfortunately my dad left the mixture too long on the stove and it got close to 280 Degrees Farenheit, which is "Soft Crack" stage. He poured the resulting mixture into a silicone ice cube tray, and what we're left with is cubes that are sugar-crystal on the bottom and tough caramel on the top.

It tastes good, if you like caramel. I'm not sure what to call the result though. Hard Fudge? Hard Caramel?

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.