The "Abyss" is one of the titles of the dread "False Sephira" on the Tree of Life, called "Da'ath," meaning Knowledge.
The color of the Abyss is purple, perhaps even ultraviolet.There is no name of God proper to the Abyss, although there is a name for the illusion of the Demon that dwells therein, Choronzon.
Some also associate the god Set with the Abyss, and call that place the Desert of Set. It is said that the Tempest which blows eternally through the infinite Abyss is howled by Typhon, of whom Set is the symbol.
Also associated with the Abyss is Shugal, the Desert Fox. Shugal, by Gematria, equals 333, which is the number of Choronzon. Thus, the Abyss is sometimes called the Shugal-Choronzon Pylon.
It should therefore be noted that Shugal=333 when added to Choronzon=333 give you 666, the number of the Beast and also the number of Sorath,the Demon of the Solar Sphere which is directly below Da'ath. Also of interest is that 666=Shem Yeshua, the Name Jesus.

A*byss" (#), n. [L. abyssus a bottomless gulf, fr. Gr. bottomless; priv. + depth, bottom.]

1.

A bottomless or unfathomed depth, gulf, or chasm; hence, any deep, immeasurable, and, specifically, hell, or the bottomless pit.

Ye powers and spirits of this nethermost abyss. Milton.

The throne is darkness, in the abyss of light. Dryden.

2.

Infinite time; a vast intellectual or moral depth.

The abysses of metaphysical theology. Macaulay.

In unfathomable abysses of disgrace. Burke.

3. Her.

The center of an escutcheon.

⇒ This word, in its leading uses, is associated with the cosmological notions of the Hebrews, having reference to a supposed illimitable mass of waters from which our earth sprung, and beneath whose profound depths the wicked were punished.

Encyc. Brit.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.