As I slough my weary mind through the quagmire of the boggy swamp known as E2, I find myself gasping for air as the vile stench assaulting my olfactory with the putrescence of drivellous tripe permeates my clothing and hair.

For far too long I have wallowed down here in the murky depths, spat on, sat on, and shat on. Quietly biding my time, watching new noders stroll confidently past me on the Other Users list by noding a line here and an album cover there – and good on them. Slow and Steady may not necessarily win any race here, but I will be victorious as my nodes reign supreme for the centuries to come.

Oh yes, mark my words, you have not yet witnessed the mighty strength and power, the jets of steam and the electricity shooting from fingertips flying in a blurred frenzy over the keyboard. There is a pent-up pressure here ready to break out and unleash hell upon the world, but for now it must be kept under control, shaking the bars of it’s cage and rattling it’s chains, until one day…

For now I will remain in my darkened cell, moisture dripping off the stone walls, the smell of faeces and urine in the corners, slime and mildew on the walls. Quietly building up my node powers, and increasing in XP, until my evil plan hatches and from the murky depths I am reborn. For now I move swiftly and silently. Barely stirring a ripple.

One day my name will be spoken in hushed reverence. I will be known and feared. Until then my minion, watch what or whom you tread upon, it may one day have teeth…

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.