One for sorrow
Two for mirth
Three for a wedding
Four for a birth
Five for silver
Six for gold
Seven for a secret
Never to be told
Eight for heaven
Nine for hell
Ten for the devil's very own self.

Counting rhyme, count the number of crows you see and this is what they represent.
Also said for Ravens, Blackbirds, and Magpies.
a group of crows is called a Murder, a group of ravens is called an Unkindness (as in, a group of sheep is a flock).

ive read several variations on this poem:
two for joy
three for girls
and four for boys
(no, the Counting Crows band did NOT make this up)
seven for a story thats never been told

and then, of course, theres Thirteen ways of looking at a blackbird

Also a film directed by Rowdy Herrington. The cast includes: Cuba Gooding Jr., Tom Berenger, Marianne Jean-Baptiste, and Eric Stoltz.

*Possible Spoiler Alert* The film starts with a young lawyer, Cuba Gooding Jr., sitting in his office undergoing a moral crisis of whether to continue defending his client or to throw the case and let the wealthy client, which happens to be portrayed by Eric Stoltz, face prison time. This act of contemplation is what saves his life.

Unbeknownst to our young attorney there is a killer that has been stalking and murdering lawyers who vociferously defend their clients even though these lawyers know their clients are guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt; hence the name, A Murder of Crows. The masked killer hears the attorney making a phone call in which Cuba states that he can not defend Stoltz’s character.

Cuba Gooding quits the law firm and decides to figure out what to do with the rest of his life in Key West. He is conducting fishing tours and it is here he meets an older man who befriends him. This older gentleman has written a manuscript that he hands over to Cuba to see what he thinks.

Cuba reads the manuscript and finds it an exceptional read. He wishes to tell his friend this and when he arrives at his friend's home he sees a police officer in the driveway jotting down some notes. The officer informs Cuba the man staying in the house is dead. Now, Cuba finds he is left with the manuscript which he decides to have published, taking full credit for the novel. The novel becomes an instant bestseller. This is where the trouble escalates.

Tom Berenger is the cop, who thinks he has his man, on the trail of a serial killer. Marianne Jean-Baptiste is Cuba's friend and a fellow attorney.

This was not a great film but not a total waste of celluloid. It was worth the rental price.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.