I finally manage to tear open the log with my paws, I quickly lap up the sweet chuckles grubs before they drop out. It's been two hours since I drank the kool-aid and I've changed, everyone has changed. Smoke clogged lungs now breathe easy I can feel my poisoned mind pulling me in different directions, muscles now easily manipulate the girth that they have dealt with for years, I feel quick but most of all I feel strong.

My simian companion sits on his throne of plush toys, a toy crown thrown haphazard on his brow. His stuffed monkey subjects that dance around can't be real, I know this in the back of my head but there they are anyway. He starts singing and dancing with them and asks me to join but a blanket of protectiveness has washed over me and I leave to see if anybody needs to talk.

Wandering through this synthetic jungle I see the girl from the village, the one the boy likes. She is wandering around not in her element, looking for him. She wasn't born here, none of us were in the beginning, but she belongs here now. She stops and asks where everyone is, I tell her around you just have to know were to look. She seems uneasy in this state but she'll get used to it, we all have.

Walking past the gypsy trees I run into the boys teacher. He slinks off his perch and gives me a large feline grin. The mark of shoulderpads that man put on him still cling to his body a reminder of days gone. The panther has taught the boy most of what he knows of this place and his opinion is held in high regard. We have known each other longer than the rest and we share some smoke in euphoric silence, sometimes you don't need words.

I walk past a room with a huge table, around it sit the pack. Some bark others howl and one even appears to be sleeping. They are engaged in some sort of game that I can't quite understand. Resigning myself to the fact that the pack is a little too crazy for me right now I continue my journey.

The boy is resting in the rafters, he's not asleep but I can tell he's deep in thought. He notices me and climbs down. "I've got a groove a mile wide," he yells at me. "How ya doing?" I ask. He just smiles and runs off toward the girl who has just walked into view. He'll be just fine, I tell myself, and walk on.

I end up with the body, the tiger has got a plan for us to I know, but we're safe for now and I want to have fun. So I leave with the knowledge that soon the quick shall avenge the dead.






-robnotrob-
--Letters from a Savior; Offer for a few--


back--forward

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.