Sister Beatrice is wheeled past you while you’re on your way to class. You think her eyes look strange; her head turns towards you and the glint off her glasses temporarily blinds you. She is gone by the time you regain your sight. You can never get a good look at her face, but you’re not sure you want to.

You refresh the webpage. A friend is holding a spot in a highly sought after class you want to register for. You refresh the webpage. This is the time they said they would drop it so you could take their place. You refresh the webpage.

The basketball team won their most recent game. You hear the final score whispered as you go about your day, but when you ask about it they say they heard it from someone else. Everyone goes to the basketball games, and tickets are always sold out, but you can never find anyone who was actually there.

You walk down the path behind the library to get to class. There is a wire fence and rocks between you and the lake, but you still take care not to walk too close to the edge. The lake calls out to you-- it wants to play. It is the middle of winter. You turn your music up and keep walking.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.