This is a song done by The Herbaliser and Latyrx, on Ninja Tune's Xen Cuts first CD, track 5.

That I know, there is no text version of this song anywhere, and it being my favourite song on the album, I decided to copy it by the slow process of play, rewind, play. I mark the words that I was unable to parse with triple asterisks, ***, in hopes that a j-random noder will help me out, here.

Let it be known that I don't particularly like rap or hip-hop music. This said, I must admit that I have a particular attraction to this song.

The Song:

we believe in maximum effect
in absolutely every single facet of the gem
including BUT not-limited-to-the
pursuit of truth, which has been
unduly, smoothed over, made soothing
to those that have been doing the polluting, in fact
we wrote some raps

now I have here in my chest
an outline, a list, a platform, manifesto
a mandate, from intro to outro
it's absolutely rock-solid
from the bottom to the top
and the top to the bottom
here's our outline and how it reads
number one : motif

we don't believe in other people thieving the ideas that our cerebrums cultivate and create, but if you're stealing them - now that's a calculated mistake - a combination infinite of all religion, ties cold, you can't break. point two!

we believe in unconditional control, not under supervision of another ***, so! what that means is our beliefs, our boundaries, shall all be balanced properly without restriction, limitation, or revoke. point three!

we don't believe in you controlling we (that's point three)
i'm not obligated to listen to shit that you telling me.
that's the type of thing that can lead to a felony.
I don't give a fuck you yelling at me at the top of your lungs
you do it otherwise it isn't gonna get done.
I hold the reins to my tongue - and *** goes and opens the door - to point four.

point four - you've been warned, so before we move on, just from point four on, just so you don't distort the order, make us go back and forth, once more - let's repeat what we've recorded thus far - now point one!
we don't believe in other people thieving the ideas that our cerebrums cultivate and create - make no mistake - point two!
we believe in unconditional control of our beliefs and our opinions - our souls, our growth, and our dominions - point three!
we don't believe in you controlling we; I'm not obligated to do or say or listen to a god damn thing.
a-point four? point four.
point four? point four.
point four? point four.
point four. now, point four.

we believe in all of the above, just for the reasons given. up, lift me up, livin', not givin' up, settin' government and lovin' it, so we so selfish, and not trippin' over that subliminal stuff.
we not subbin' it, and coming wit' it rough and tough
we gonna supplement your knowledge with our sub stunts
we not gonna let an opportunity get left out
we not gonna let some indecision stop what we about
we not gonna show no mercy, overflowing the drought.
there's no doubt, no doubt
there's no doubt, no doubt
there's no doubt, no doubt
there's no doubt, no doubt
there's no doubt, no doubt
'cause this is what it's about! c'mon!

we believe in achieving the summit - as expect
detonate the avalanche effect - we bust a rent
and watch the series of events, connecting chain reaction sets of like a fusion experiment in which we can calculate and document the other 'ments and their effects with patience; put it all down in scientific notation
this is like a laboratory report - of sorts - research, results, a layout of our findings and methods at work - here is our agenda - an easily defensible census (***) ammunition (***) bullet point (five)

we believe in looking (alive) and recog(nized) by the makeup of our character (eyes) by our (***) and (vice) not as indistinguishable (in appearance), but as evil keepers of the inextinguishable (fire) - point six!

we don't believe in the QUICK FIX to livin' - it's a CONSTANT routine of makin' - it's an aDJUSTMENT what's it - you GOTTA keep it JUMPIN' hoppin POPPIN' sayin' SOMETHIN' before your severance - ascend the point seven! it's

seven's the reflection of our beliefs AND HISTORIES, events, UNPLEASANTRIES, and pestilence, DISEASE, incense, ACTIVITY as reference TO BE SEEN as lessons AS A PATH a test AND A COMPLETE testament TO OUR TEEMING STRENGTH as the means of sense as the team takes set! point eight! point eight!

just to set it straight - (set it straight) before we get too far out of the gate (ah uh!) and go astray, let's recap the way we came to that (let's do it) great point-eight-like fate, and tell the fake why they can't create:
point one: no bite
point two: i'm right
point three: you ain't
point four: it's POINT FOUR
point five: recognize
point six: make adjustments
point seven: is attestin'
point eight: go on - said it now!

we believe in all of the above, just for the reasons given. up, lift me up, livin', not givin' up, settin' government and lovin' it, so we so selfish, and not trippin' over that subliminal stuff. we not subbin' it, and coming wit' it rough and tough, we gonna supplement your knowledge with our sub stunts; we not gonna let an opportunity get left out; we not gonna let some indecision stop what we about; we not gonna show no mercy, overflowing the drought.
there's no doubt, no doubt
there's no doubt, no doubt
there's no doubt, no doubt
there's no doubt, no doubt

now, we believe in all of the above, just for the reasons given. up, lift me up, livin', not givin' up, settin' government and lovin' it, so we so selfish, and not trippin' over that subliminal stuff. we not subbin' it, and coming wit' it rough and tough, we gonna supplement your knowledge with our sub stunts; we not gonna let an opportunity get left out; we not gonna let some indecision stop what we about; we not gonna show no mercy, overflowing the drought.
there's no doubt, no doubt
there's no doubt, no doubt
there's no doubt, no doubt
there's no doubt, no doubt
there's no doubt, no doubt
there's no doubt, no doubt
there's no doubt, no doubt
there's no doubt, no doubt
and we out!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.