back - Thursday, 7 pm-8 pm - forward
Part I - A hell below
. The clock ticks past the hour, but, well, you're still glued to the TV
- Curtis Mayfield - If there's a hell below (we're all gonna go)
- Meat Puppets - Lake of Fire
- The Searchers - Love Potion # 9
- The Only Ones - The Beast (from Even Serpents Shine)
- The Fall - New Face in Hell (from the John Peel sessions)
- Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds (with Polly Harvey, Anita Hill, Kylie Minogue and Shane McGowan) - Death is not the end (from Murder Ballads)
- Cast of Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Where do we go from here (from Once More With Feeling)
Part II - 76 bloody trombones
So that's enough TV for any civilized being. You've had your fix. Time to think about out. And make mine brassy, by and large.
- 0.00 - The Williams Fairey Brass Band - What time is love (from Acid Brass)
- So what if it was just another pissed-up pub conversational misunderstanding? Swing me into action. That time is right about now.
- 4.35 - Jackie Wilson - Reet Petite
- and you do know why
- 7.19 - Gloria Jones - Tainted Love
- So all the good ones are mad, gay or married, like my main man do say. Or just too far away
- 9.22 - The Coasters - Shopping for Clothes
- but there's no harm in trying to look your best
- 12.20 - Prince Buster - Al Capone
- and don't let them tell you otherwise
- 15.17 - Mau Mau - Ël Mat (from Sauta Rabel)
- that madman in your attic, he knows how
- 19.21 - James Carr - Pouring water (on a drowning man)
- I'm getting more pity than I deserve, more help than I need
- 22.00 - Mr Bloe - Grooving with Mr Bloe
- going round and round in circles all evening, Empire Pool, 1976. You wouldn't know.
- 24.37 - Squirrel Nut Zippers - Santa Claus is Smoking Reefer
- that could explain a lot
- 26.57 - Van Morrison - Jackie Wilson Said (I'm in heaven when you smile)
- Which is what I really mean.
The creator apologises, albeit not much, for the anglocentricity of his TV schedules. In the UK Buffy is on on Thursdays from 18.45 to 19.30. I know some of you have it on Tuesdays, or watch Sky, and are several series in front, but, hell, this is where it fits for me and Oolong...