= 2001 = 2002 = 2003 = 2004 = 2006 = 2007 = 2008 = 2009 = 2010 = 2011= 2012= 2014 = 2015 = 2016 = 2017 = 2018 = 2019 = 2020 =

Here is a key to help you decipher the new way playoff seeding is done and what the letters mean:

  • W1/W2: Wildcards (1 and 2)
  • C: Central Division (West)
  • P: Pacific Division (West)
  • A: Atlantic Division (East)
  • M: Metropolitan Division (East)

Round One - Conference Quarterfinals

Western Conference

C1 St. Louis Blues vs. W1 Minnesota Wild

Going into the series, there was a question in goal for the Blues, but it's the kind of problem you'd like to have: which of the two awesome goalies would start? Jake Allen or Brian Elliott? It was no question at all with Minnesota's Devan Dubnyk who helped his team rise from from fourth worst in the Western Conference to a wild card spot after his acquisition mid-season. But would that hot netminder with zero playoff experience cool the hot hands of the Blues' Vladimir Tarasenko and Alexander Steen? The first-ever playoff series between these two teams would be interesting: momentum VS experience.

GAME ONE: MINNESOTA 4 at ST. LOUIS 2 - April 16 | Highlights
The road team once again took Game One, which was popular in this playoff season. Devan Dubnyk made 19 saves in his Stanley Cup Playoff debut, and Minnesota got goals from Jason Zucker, Matt Dumba, Mikael Granlund and Jason Pominville, although those last two were empty-netters. St. Louis dominated much of the play but could not convert until late, Jaden Schwartz making it 2-1 early in the third. After Minnesota's first empty-net goal it looked like it was over but the Blues wouldn't quit, scoring a short-handed goal from Alexander Steen with 59 seconds left. But another Wild empty-netter sealed the deal.

GAME TWO: MINNESOTA 1 at ST. LOUIS 4 - April 18 | Highlights
Vladimir Tarasenko got his first playoff hat trick as the Blues dominated Game Two to even up the series. Vladi made it 2-0 going into the third where the Wild's Marco Scandella scored early. But Patrik Berglund stymied their attempt to get the equalizer, and then the fans' hats came off when Tarasenko got the empty-netter.

GAME THREE: ST. LOUIS 0 at MINNESOTA 3 - April 20 | Highlights
The Wild take the series lead and Devan Dubnyk only had to make 17 saves for his first playoff shutout. Jason Pominville, Zach Parise, and Nino Niederreiter on the empty net scored for Minnesota.

GAME FOUR: ST. LOUIS 6 at MINNESOTA 1 - April 22 | Highlights
St. Louis bent Minnesota over and spanked them, getting goals from Ryan Reaves, David Backes, Paul Stastny, Patrik Berglund, and two from Vladimir Tarasenko - the second of his goals mimicking his amazing one-hander he had scored at Madison Square Garden earlier in the season. Jared Spurgeon scored a power play goal for the Wild.

GAME FIVE: MINNESOTA 4 at ST. LOUIS 1 - April 24 | Highlights
Tarasenko struck again as the Blues dominated most of the 1st period, but it wasn't enough, as then the Wild scored four unanswered goals to once again take the series lead.

GAME SIX: ST. LOUIS 1 at MINNESOTA 4 - April 26 | Highlights
The Wild closed out their unlikely series win at home, winning 4-1.

Wild win series 4 games to 2


C2 Nashville Predators vs. C3 Chicago Blackhawks

The Predators had been on the hunt for the President's Trophy, but in the latter part of the season their wheels fell off. The Blackhawks, who somehow got somebody from Hogwart's to fix Patrick Kane's collarbone early, looked to capitalize on Nashville's end-season misfortune.

GAME ONE: CHICAGO 4 at NASHVILLE 3 (2OT) - April 15 | Highlights
Duncan Keith's goal 7:49 into double overtime capped a Game One comeback for the 'Hawks. Colin Wilson, Viktor Stalberg, and Wilson again got the Preds up 3-0 by the end of the first. But then in the second Niklas Hjalmarsson, Patrick Sharp, and Jonathan Toews tied things up for Chicago.

GAME TWO: CHICAGO 2 at NASHVILLE 6 - April 17 | Highlights
Craig Smith had two goals and an assist to help the Nashville Predators even the series.

GAME THREE: NASHVILLE 2 at CHICAGO 4 - April 19 | Highlights
Scott Darling, with 35 saves, had his first-ever start in the Stanley Cup Playoffs and the 'Hawks helped him win it with goals by Desjardins, Toews, Saad, and Seabrook. Ribeiro and Ekholm scored for the Preds.

GAME FOUR: NASHVILLE 2 at CHICAGO 3 (3OT) - April 21 | Highlights
A 4 and a half hour game finally ended when Seabrook scored the winner at one minute of the third overtime period.

GAME FIVE: CHICAGO 2 at NASHVILLE 5 - April 23 | Highlights
Filip Forsberg's first NHL hat trick helped the Predators live to play another game.

GAME SIX:NASHVILLE 3 at CHICAGO 4 - April 25 | Highlights
Duncan Keith scored the game-winning and series-clinching goal with 3:48 remaining in Game Six.

Blackhawks win series 4 games to 2


P1 Anaheim Ducks vs. W2 Winnipeg Jets

The Ducks once again won the Pacific Division, but will have to rely heavily on Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry to get the real prize. Winnipeg's netminder Ondrej Pavelec was much maligned but hot going into the series with several road shutouts to end the season.

GAME ONE: WINNIPEG 2 at ANAHEIM 4 - April 16 | Highlights
Anaheim rallied to take the game 4-2 after Corey Perry scored twice in the third period. Anaheim's Sami Vatanen did open the scoring in the first, but then Adam Lowry and Drew Stafford made it 2-1. Perry's goals and Ryan Getzlaf's empty-netter came in the third.

GAME TWO: WINNIPEG 1 at ANAHEIM 2 - April 18 | Highlights
Jakob Silfverberg waited to take his first shot of the game until the last minute of the game... and it went in, to win Game Two for the Ducks.

GAME THREE: ANAHEIM 5 at WINNIPEG 4 (OT) - April 20 | Highlights
Anaheim rallied three times before Rickard Rakell scored 5:12 into overtime to seal the deal, putting the Jets on the brink of crashing to the tarmac.

GAME FOUR: ANAHEIM 5 at WINNIPEG 2 - April 22 | Highlights
Two third-period goals from Ducks center Ryan Kesler quashed some late pressure by the Jets, and the Ducks complete the series sweep, sending Winnipeg golfing.

Ducks win series 4 games to 0


P2 Vancouver Canucks vs. P3 Calgary Flames

An interesting fact: the past three times these two teams met in the playoffs, the winner of the series went on to play in the Stanley Cup Finals. With the Flames having been out of the playoffs since 2009 and the Canucks missing the previous season's extra season, the winner of this series was anybody's guess.

GAME ONE: CALGARY 2 at VANCOUVER 1 - April 15 | Highlights
Bo Horvat put the 'Nucks up 1-0 in the second. But the Flames were ignited in the third, with David Jones tying the game early in the third and Kris Russell scoring the winner with 29.6 seconds left in regulation. I find it interesting that in Calgary's locker room, there really is a Davy Jones Locker.

GAME TWO: CALGARY 1 at VANCOUVER 4 - April 17 | Highlights
Daniel Sedin and Chris Higgins scored in the first period for their first playoff goals in a long while and Eddie Lack made 22 saves to lift the Canucks to a Game Two win.

GAME THREE: VANCOUVER 2 at CALGARY 4 - April 19 | Highlights
Rookie Sam Bennett's first-ever NHL goal proved to be the game-winner as the Flames once again took the series lead.

GAME FOUR: VANCOUVER 1 at CALGARY 3 - April 21 | Highlights
Johnny Gaudreau, Jiri Hudler, and rookie Sam Bennett again brought Calgary to the brink of their first playoff advancement in 11 years. Henrik Sedin scored for the Canucks.

GAME FIVE: CALGARY 1 at VANCOUVER 2 - April 23 | Highlights
Daniel Sedin scored the go-ahead goal 1:47 into the third to help Vancouver stay alive.

GAME SIX:VANCOUVER 4 at CALGARY 7 - April 25 | Highlights
Calgary orders another round in this high-scoring tilt.

Flames win series 4 games to 2


Eastern Conference

A1 Canadiens de Montréal vs. W1 Ottawa Senators

Carey Price, the presumptive MVP, led the league in goals-against average (1.96), save percentage (.933) and wins (44), so almost all the pressure would be on him to order the Habs another round. Ottawa had a 21-3-3 run at the end of the season so they definitely had momentum on their side for this series.

GAME ONE: OTTAWA 3 at MONTRÉAL 4 - April 15 | Highlights
Even after P.K. Subban's game misconduct in the second period, the Habs won the game with Brian Flynn scoring a game-winning-goal and two assists in his first Stanley Cup Playoff game. Torrey Mitchell, Tomas Plekanec, and Lars Eller also tallied for Montreal. The Senators got goals from Milan Michalek, Kyle Turris, and Mika Zibanejad.

GAME TWO: OTTAWA 2 at MONTRÉAL 3 (OT) - April 17 | Highlights
Alex Galchenyuk scored 3:40 into overtime to give the Habs the Game Two win at Bell Centre.

GAME THREE: MONTRÉAL 2 at OTTAWA 1 (OT) - April 19 | Highlights
Dale Weise scored his second goal of the night at 8:47 of overtime to lift the Canadiens to a 2-1 Game Three win to give his team a commanding 3-0 series win.

GAME FOUR: MONTRÉAL 0 at OTTAWA 1 - April 22 | Highlights
Mike Hoffman scored at 9:05 of the third period and goaltender Craig Anderson made 28 saves for Ottawa to help keep the Senators representin' in the 2015 playoffs.

GAME FIVE: OTTAWA 5 at MONTRÉAL 1 - April 24 | Highlights
Craig Anderson stopped 45 of 46 shots, and Bobby Ryan scored his first two playoff goals as Ottawa stays alive in a big way.

GAME SIX: MONTRÉAL 2 at OTTAWA 0 - April 26 | Highlights
Goalie Carey Price made 43 saves and Brendan Gallagher and Max Pacioretty with an empty-netter finally sent the Senators packing their golf equipment.

Canadiens win series 4 games to 2


A2 Tampa Bay Lightning vs. A3 Detroit Red Wings

Nobody had more goals in the NHL than the Lightning in the regular season - 262 (10 more than the Rangers). But would their high-scoring continue into the "real" season against playoff perennial Red Wings?

GAME ONE: DETROIT 3 at TAMPA BAY 2 - April 16 | Highlights
Lightning does strike twice sometimes, but they needed to do it three times to beat Detroit in this Game One tilt. Petr Mrazek, in his first Stanley Cup Playoff game, who got the nod over vet Jimmy Howard, also got his first playoff win with no less than 46 saves. Pavel Datsyuk scored twice for the Wings with Luke Glendening adding a shorty in the third. Brian Boyle, also with a shorty, and Nikita Nesterov scored for the Bolts.

GAME TWO: DETROIT 1 at TAMPA BAY 5 - April 18 | Highlights
Tyler Johnson scored two goals in Tampa Bay's 5-1 win to even up the series. Valtteri Filppula, Andrej Sustr and Alex Killorn also scored for the Bolts and Ben Bishop made 23 saves.

GAME THREE: TAMPA BAY 0 at DETROIT 3 - April 21 | Highlights
Petr Mrazek made 22 saves for his first playoff shutout as the Wings regained the series lead. Pavel Datsyuk, Riley Sheahan, and Luke Glendening on the empty net scored for Detroit.

GAME FOUR: TAMPA BAY 3 at DETROIT 2 (OT) - April 23 | Highlights
Tyler Johnson scored two goals, including the OT winner, as the Lightning even up the series again on a come-from-behind winner.

GAME FIVE: DETROIT 4 at TAMPA BAY 0 - April 25 | Highlights
Petr Mrazek does it again, making 28 saves in his second shutout of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

GAME SIX: TAMPA BAY 5 at DETROIT 2 - April 27 | Highlights
And Tyler Johnson does it again, scoring two goals again, the first one less than four minutes in, to help the Bolts even up the series yet again.

GAME SEVEN: DETROIT 0 at TAMPA BAY 2 - April 29 | Highlights
Braydon Coburn's goal at 3:58 of the third period helped the Lightning snuff the Wings. Ben Bishop made 31 saves for the Game Seven shutout.

Lightning win series 4 games to 3


M1 New York Rangers vs. W2 Pittsburgh Penguins

The Crosby Show was not used to being the team who barely made the playoffs. New York was hoping to cancel that show and make it a Cup repeat.

GAME ONE: PITTSBURGH 1 at NEW YORK RANGERS 2 - April 16 | Highlights
The Big Apple took the Big Game One. Derick Brassard and Ryan McDonagh on the power play made it 2-zip Blueshirts in the first. All Pittsburgh could muster was Blake Comeau's tally in the second. Rangers' Henrik Lundqvist made 24 saves while Marc-Andre Fleury made 38.

GAME TWO: PITTSBURGH 4 at NEW YORK RANGERS 3 - April 18 | Highlights
Sidney Crosby ended his scoring drought with two goals as the Penguins evened up the series.

GAME THREE: NEW YORK RANGERS 2 at PITTSBURGH 1 - April 20 | Highlights
New York left-wingers Carl Hagelin and Chris Kreider stoked the Blueshirts to a 2-0 lead; the Penguins could only manage a goal from Patric Hornqvist in the third.

GAME FOUR: NEW YORK RANGERS 2 at PITTSBURGH 1 (OT) - April 22 | Highlights
Rookie center Kevin Hayes scored 3:14 into overtime to give the Big Apple a big series lead.

GAME FIVE: PITTSBURGH 1 at NEW YORK RANGERS 2 - April 24 | Highlights
New York Rangers left wing Carl Hagelin scored 10:52 into overtime to cancel the 2015 Crosby Show early.

Rangers win series 4 games to 1


M2 Washington Capitals vs. M3 New York Islanders

The Capitals and Islanders had not met in the playoffs in 22 years, not since the 1993 Patrick Division Semifinals. The Islanders had won five out of the six playoff series between the two teams, so would that trend continue?

GAME ONE: NEW YORK ISLANDERS 4 at WASHINGTON 1 - April 15 | Highlights
It was pretty much all Islanders in Game One. Brock Nelson, Ryan Strome, Josh Bailey, and Nelson again with an empty-netter gave New York a 1-0 series lead. Marcus Johansson scored for the Caps in the first.

GAME TWO: NEW YORK ISLANDERS 3 at WASHINGTON 4 - April 17 | Highlights
With their #1 netminder out sick, the Caps rallied to score two third-period goals to even up the series. Backup goalie Philipp Grubauer made 18 saves in his Stanley Cup Playoffs debut. Jason Chimera scored the game-winning goal at 7:37 of the third after Nicklas Backstrom tied it at 3:44.

GAME THREE: WASHINGTON 1 at NEW YORK ISLANDERS 2 (OT) - April 19 | Highlights
John Tavares scored 15 seconds into OT to once again give the Islanders the series lead.

GAME FOUR: WASHINGTON 2 at NEW YORK ISLANDERS 1 (OT) - April 21 | Highlights
Another day, another 2-1 overtime win, this time for the Caps. Nicklas Backstrom scored 11:09 into the extra session to even up the series again for Washington.

GAME FIVE: NEW YORK ISLANDERS 1 at WASHINGTON 5 - April 23 | Highlights
Evgeny Kuznetsov scored twice to help the Capitals win the game and take their first series lead.

GAME SIX: WASHINGTON 1 at NEW YORK ISLANDERS 3 - April 25 | Highlights
John Tavares helped New York stay alive and force a Game Seven with a goal and an assist on Nikolay Kulemin's go-ahead, game-winning goal in the third.

GAME SEVEN: NEW YORK ISLANDERS 1 at WASHINGTON 2 - April 27 | Highlights
Evgeny Kuznetsov scored a tie-breaker with 7:18 remaining and the Capitals dominated the Islanders to take the series, only allowing them 11 shots on goal. Joel Ward also scored for Washington. Frans Nielsen scored the Islanders' final goal of their season.

Capitals win series 4 games to 3


Round Two - Conference Semifinals

Western Conference

C3 Chicago Blackhawks vs. W1 Minnesota Wild

The Minnesota Wild really had no business being in the second round. And the Chicago Blackhawks showed them why.

GAME ONE: MINNESOTA 3 at CHICAGO 4 - May 1 | Highlights
Teuvo Teravainen scored his first career playoff goal to help Chicago win Game One and stop an attempted Wild comeback.

GAME TWO: MINNESOTA 1 at CHICAGO 4 - May 3 | Highlights
Patrick Kane scored twice, Jonathan Toews and Patrick Sharp also tallied to help Chicago take a 2-0 series lead.

GAME THREE: CHICAGO 1 at MINNESOTA 0 - May 5 | Highlights
Corey Crawford made 30 saves for the shutout and Patrick Kane tallied to lift the 'Hawks to a commanding 3-0 series lead.

GAME FOUR: CHICAGO 4 at MINNESOTA 3 - May 7 | Highlights
Patrick Kane, Brent Seabrook, Andrew Shaw, and Marian Hossa scored for the Blackhawks and Corey Crawford made 34 saves as Chicago sent the Mild packing.

Blackhawks win series 4 games to 0


P1 Anaheim Ducks vs. P3 Calgary Flames

The Ducks were looking to douse the Flames and sweep past Round Two, too. Well, they almost did anyway.

GAME ONE: CALGARY 1 at ANAHEIM 6 - April 30 | Highlights
Yikes. Corey Perry had two goals and two assists while Ryan Getzlaf had a goal and three assists as the Ducks spanked the Flames to Win Game One. Sam Bennetts scored for Calgary.

GAME TWO: CALGARY 0 at ANAHEIM 3 - May 3 | Highlights
Frederik Andersen made 30 saves in the shutout and Matt Beleskey and Hampus Lindholm tallied to douse the Flames in Game Two.

GAME THREE: ANAHEIM 3 at CALGARY 4 (OT) - May 5 | Highlights
Mikael Backlund scored his first playoff goal 4:24 into overtime to finally get the Flames fired up.

GAME FOUR: ANAHEIM 4 at CALGARY 2 - May 8 | Highlights
Matt Beleskey scored the game-winning goal, and Frederik Andersen made 25 saves to give Anaheim a commanding 3-1 series lead.

GAME FIVE: CALGARY 2 at ANAHEIM 3 - May 10 (OT) | Highlights
Corey Perry limped off the ice after a collision with Calgary's Matt Stajan in the second period. But he just shrugged it off and went and scored the overtime game-winning and series-winning goal 2:26 into overtime.

Ducks wins series 4 games to 1


Eastern Conference

A1 Canadiens de Montréal vs. A2 Tampa Bay Lightning

Would Lightning strike twice? The Canadiens decided they weren't going to hab any of that!

GAME ONE: MONTREAL 1 at TAMPA BAY 2 - May 1 | Highlights
Nikita Kucherov scored 2:06 into the extra session to give Tampa Bay a 2-1 victory and 1-0 series lead.

GAME TWO: MONTREAL 2 at TAMPA BAY 6 - May 3 | Highlights
In this rout, Tampa had no less than four power play goals. Nikita Kucherov scored two of them, and Steven Stamkos and Valtteri Filppula each had a goal and two assists as TB extended their series lead.

GAME THREE: TAMPA BAY 2 at MONTREAL 1 - May 6 | Highlights
Better late than never. Tyler Johnson scored with 1.1 seconds remaining for the game-winning goal to give the Bolts a commanding 3-0 series lead.

GAME FOUR: TAMPA BAY 3 at MONTREAL 6 - May 7 | Highlights
"Aw, HELL NAW!" said the Candiens. Max Pacioretty scored a shorthanded goal and had two assists to get the Habs to a 5-0 lead before the second period was out. They made a statement in this rout that they were not done yet.

GAME FIVE: MONTREAL 2 at TAMPA BAY 1 - May 9 | Highlights
Still not done, the Canadiens did it again. PA Parenteau scored with 4:07 remaining in the third period to keep Montreal alive again.

GAME SIX: TAMPA BAY 4 at MONTREAL 1 - May 12 | Highlights
Nikita Kucherov had two goals and an assist, Ondrej Palat had a goal and an assist, and Ben Bishop had 19 saves in the series-clinching win for the Bolts. Max Pacioretty scored in the third for Montreal, who saw their comeback effort snuffed at home.

Lightning win series 4 games to 2


M1 New York Rangers vs. M2 Washington Capitals

It was the most-grinding, tit-for-tat, series in the East.

GAME ONE: WASHINGTON 2 at NEW YORK RANGERS 1 - April 30 | Highlights
Joel Ward scored with 1.3 seconds left in the third period to help the Caps edge the Blueshirts in Game One.

GAME TWO: WASHINGTON 1 at NEW YORK RANGERS 3 - May 2 | Highlights
Chris Kreider, just 38 seconds in, and Dan Boyle later in the first got New York rocking early as they took Game Two.

GAME THREE: NEW YORK RANGERS 0 at WASHINGTON 1 - May 4 | Highlights
Washington center Jay Beagle scored the lone goal in this tilt and Braydon Holtby made 30 saves for the shutout. Henrik Lundqvist was great as well as he made 22 saves.

GAME FOUR: NEW YORK RANGERS 1 at WASHINGTON 2 - May 6 | Highlights
Rookie forward Andre Burakovsky picked a good time to score his first two playoff goals, giving Washington a crucial Game Four win.

GAME FIVE: WASHINGTON 1 at NEW YORK RANGERS 2 (OT) - May 8 | Highlights
Ryan McDonagh scored 9:37 into overtime to keep New York alive.

GAME SIX: NEW YORK RANGERS 4 at WASHINGTON 3 - May 10 | Highlights
For the second straight year, Rangers rallied from a 3-1 deficit in the Second Round to force a Game 7. Two goals from Chris Kreider helped make it happen.

GAME SEVEN: WASHINGTON 1 at NEW YORK RANGERS 2 (OT) - May 13 | Highlights
Derek Stupan scored 11:24 into overtime to give the Rangers the 2-1 win and come-from -behind series victory at Madison Square Garden.

Rangers win series 4 games to 3


Round Three - Conference Finals

Western Conference

P1 Anaheim Ducks vs. C3 Chicago Blackhawks

Both of these teams had an easy time dispatching their opponents in Round Two. Would the Ducks or 'Hawks fly the highest in Round Three?

GAME ONE: CHICAGO 1 at ANAHEIM 4 - May 17 | Highlights
Hampus Lindholm, Kyle Palmieri, Nate Thompson, and Jakob Silfverberg on the empty-net scored for the Ducks to get Anaheim the Game One win and 1-0 series lead. Andersen snuffed 33 shots, only allowing Brad Richards' second period goal.

GAME TWO: CHICAGO 3 at ANAHEIM 2 (3OT) - May 19 | Highlights
At 13:12 of the third overtime, Marcus Kruger ended the longest game in Blackhawks history to even up the series. Andrew Shaw and Marian Hossa with power play goals had stoked the 'Hawks to a 2-0 lead in the first but the Ducks tied the game with tallies from Andrew Cogliano later in that period and Corey Perry in the second.

GAME THREE: ANAHEIM 2 at CHICAGO 1 - May 21 | Highlights
Simon Despres' first career NHL playoff goal late in the second was the difference-maker as the Ducks grinded out a Game Three win at United Center. A pair of Patricks also scored, Maroon for Anaheim and Kane for Chicago.

GAME FOUR: ANAHEIM 4 at CHICAGO 5 (2OT) - May 23 | Highlights
The 'Hawks somehow managed to win in the second overtime after experiencing an epic 3rd period collapse, allowing three goals in 37 seconds that wiped out a 2-goal lead and left them trailing. But Patrick Kane tired it on a power play goal, and Antoine Vermette at 5:37 of the second extra period put away the game a lot later than it should have been.

GAME FIVE: CHICAGO 4 at ANAHEIM 5 (OT) - May 25 | Highlights
Another day, another 5-4 overtime game, this time the victor is Anaheim. Matt Beleskey at just 45 seconds of the extra session put the game away and put the 'Hakws on the brink.

GAME SIX: ANAHEIM 2 at CHICAGO 5 - May 27 | Highlights
Facing elimination, the 'Hawks brought it. Brandon Saad, Marian Hossa, Patrick Kane, and Andrew Shaw with a filled-net goal and an empty-net goal, all scored to help Chicago force Game Seven. Defenseman Duncan Keith assisted on three of those goals. The Ducks came within a goal of tying it on tallies by Patrick Maroon and Clayton Stoner. Like, whoah, dude.

GAME SEVEN: CHICAGO 5 at ANAHEIM 3 - May 30 | Highlights
The 'Hawks stoked a 4-0 lead over the first and second periods, a lead the Ducks could not recover from, and Chicago moved onto the Stanley Cup Finals. Jonathan Toews scored twice, Brandon Saad, Marian Hossa, and Brent Seabrook each scored once for the Windy City, while Anaheim had tallies from Ryan Kesler, Corey Perry, and the final goal of the game and the series in the final minute, a power play goal from Matt Beleskey.

Blackhawks win series 4 games to 3.


Eastern Conference

M1 New York Rangers vs. A2 Tampa Bay Lightning

After a grinding 7-game series, would the Rangers keep the Bolts at Bay?

GAME ONE: TAMPA BAY 1 at NEW YORK RANGERS 2 - May 16 | Highlights
With 2:25 remaining Dominic Moore broke the tie to lift the Rangers to the 2-1 Game One win. Derek Stepan also scored for New York and Ondrej Palat tied it later for the Bolts.

GAME TWO: TAMPA BAY 6 at NEW YORK RANGERS 2 - May 18 | Highlights
Tampa Bay bolted out of New York with a series-tying rout, Tyler Johnson scoring a hat trick that included both a short-handed and power play goal.

GAME THREE: NEW YORK RANGERS 5 at TAMPA BAY 6 (OT) - May 20 | Highlights
Lightning's Nikita Kucherov scored 3:33 into overtime to put an end to the high-scoring Game Three tilt.

GAME FOUR: NEW YORK RANGERS 5 at TAMPA BAY 1 - May 22 | Highlights
It was high-scoring again, but this time just for New York. Henrik Lundqvist made 38 saves, and Rick Nash scored twice to help tie up the series.

GAME FIVE: TAMPA BAY 2 at NEW YORK RANGERS 0 - May 24 | Highlights
Lightning goalie Ben Bishop was hurt during the pregame, but he still shut out the Big Apple with 26 saves to help take the series lead again. Valtteri Filppula and Steven Stamkos tallied for the Bolts.

GAME SIX: NEW YORK RANGERS 7 at TAMPA BAY 3 - May 26 | Highlights
The Rangers opened up a can of whoopass on the Lightning in front of their home fans to force a Game Seven. It was a big night for New York's Derick Brassard, who had three goals and two assists. Keith Yandle, J.T. Miller, James Sheppard, and Rick Nash also tallied for the Blueshirts. Ryan Callahan and Nikita Kucherov - with two goals in the third - scored for Tampa.

GAME SEVEN: TAMPA BAY 2 at NEW YORK RANGERS 0 - May 29 | Highlights
Ben Bishop snuffed 22 shots, and the Lightning scored twice in the third period (Alex Killorn, Ondrej Palat) to put the Rangers away for the season and move onto the Finals.

Lightning win series 4 games to 3


Round Four - Stanley Cup Finals

Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Chicago Blackhawks

Chicago's stars would face Tampa Bay's youth and Ben Bishop's momentum, him having the most shutouts out of any other goaltender in the playoffs so far. Which city would get the Cup Parade?

GAME ONE: CHICAGO 2 at TAMPA BAY 1 - June 3 | Highlights
Chicago's Teuvo Teravainen and Antoine Vermette scored less than two minutes apart late in the third and the Blackhawks take Game One. The Lightning had gone up 1-0 in the first on a goal by Alex Killorn.

GAME TWO: CHICAGO 3 at TAMPA BAY 4 - June 6 | Highlights
Another change did the Lightning good. Ben Bishop left the game once in the third, returned, then left again. So Jason Garrison's power-play goal midway through that period gave rookie Andrei Vasilevskiy his first Stanley Cup Playoff victory, the first goalie to win his first playoff game in relief in the Stanley Cup Final since 1928. Cedric Paquette, Nikita Kucherov, and Tyler Johnson also scored for Tampa. Andrew Shaw, Teuvo Teravainen, and Bent Seabrook scored for Chicago.

GAME THREE: TAMPA BAY 3 at CHICAGO 2 - June 8 | Highlights
The Lightning, with a banged-up Ben Bishop, edged the 'Hawks, retaking the series lead. Bishop had some sort of secretive issue which had presumably began the game before when he had to exit twice, but he still made 36 saves total. Ryan Callahan, Ondrej Palat, and Cedric Paquette scored for the Bolts, while Chicago managed tallies from Brad Richards and Brandon Saad.

GAME FOUR: TAMPA BAY 1 at CHICAGO 2 - June 10 | Highlights
Brandon Saad scored at 6:22 of the third period for the game-winning goal to help Chicago even up the series. Jonathan Toews also tallied for the 'Hawks and the Bolts got a goal from Alex Killorn.

GAME FIVE: CHICAGO 2 at TAMPA BAY 1 - June 13 | Highlights
Another 2-1 win gave Chicago the series lead again, and it was another early third period goal that sealed it. Antoine Vermette scored two minutes into the final period for the Windy City's second goal. Patrick Sharp was also sharp for the 'Hawks. Valtteri Filppula tallied for Tampa.

GAME SIX: TAMPA BAY 0 at CHICAGO 2 - June 15 | Highlights
In a shutout win, the Chicago Blackhawks sealed their third Stanley Cup in six years, finally doing it on home ice this time, in a night so many home ice Chicago fans will cherish. Duncan Keith and Patrick Kane scored, and Corey Crawford made 25 saves for the Cup-winning performance. Keith's goal was his third of the playoffs, all three game-winning goals, two of them, like the one tonight, a series-clinching goal. Which might be one of the reasons he got MVP.

Blackhawks win series 4 games to 2

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP

Conn Smythe Trophy
most valuable player in the 2015 playoffs:
Duncan Keith (CHI) GP: 23; G: 3; A: 18; P: 21; +/-: +16; PIM: 4; GWG: 3.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.