= 2001 = 2002 = 2003 = 2004 = 2006 = 2007 = 2008 = 2009 = 2010 = 2011 = 2012 = 2014 = 2015 = 2016 = 2017 = 2018 = 2019 = 2020 =

Round One - Conference Quarterfinals

Western Conference

#1 Vancouver Canucks vs. #8 Chicago Blackhawks

The defending Stanly Cup champs almost found themselves out of the postseason entirely and were lucky that certain refs in certain games at the end of the season gifted them some goals. But the first-seeded Canucks, looking to the Cup, were not going to be so charitable.

GAME ONE: CHICAGO 1 at VANCOUVER 2 - April 13 | Highlights | Photos
Luongo blanked the 'Hawks as Canucks took Game One. Chris Higgins and Jannik Hansen scored for Vancouver. Luongo made 32 saves.

GAME TWO: CHICAGO 3 at VANCOUVER 4 - April 15 | Highlights | Photos
Vancouver held off Chicago to also take Game Two. Daniel Sedin assisted on Vancouver's first goal and scored on two of his four shots, with his second the game-winner, to lift the 'Nucks to a 4-3 victory. Hansen and Alex Elder also scored for Vancouver. Smith, Stalberg, and Smith again scored for the 'Hawks.

GAME THREE: VANCOUVER 3 at CHICAGO 2 - April 17 | Highlights | Photos
Vancouver gave up the first goal and committed seven minor penalties leading to a pair of power play goals for Chicago but the 'Nucks persevered to take the commanding 3-0 series lead.

GAME FOUR: VANCOUVER 2 at CHICAGO 7 - April 19 | Highlights | Photos
Having quite enough of Vancouver, Chicago turned them over their knee and spanked their ass to stave off elimination. Bolland, coming back from a concussion, had a goal and 3 assists for Chicago.

GAME FIVE: CHICAGO 5 at VANCOUVER 0 - April 21 | Highlights | Photos
Another spanking to make the Canucks nervous, Chicago blanked them on goals by Hossa, Keith, Kane, Hossa and Keith again. Corey Crawford stopped all 36 shots he faced.

GAME SIX: VANCOUVER 3 at CHICAGO 4 (OT) - April 24 | Highlights | Photos
And Chicago stayed alive again. Rookie Ben Smith, only having appeared in six regular season games, scored the overtime winner 15:30 into the extra session at United Center to seal the victory.

GAME SEVEN: CHICAGO 1 at VANCOUVER 2 (OT) - April 26 | Highlights | Photos
Sorry Chicago, no Cinderella story this time, Vancouver put the hammer down - finally. Burrows capped off one of the craziest nights in the Canucks’ 40 NHL seasons in Vancouver by ripping a knuckling slap shot over Chicago goalie Corey Crawford's right shoulder 5:22 into overtime.

Canucks win series 4 games to 3

#2 San Jose Sharks vs. #7 Los Angeles Kings

With injuries to key LA players and the Sharks' infamous offense, the Kings were expected to get dethroned.

GAME ONE: LA 2 at SAN JOSE 3 (OT) - April 14 | Highlights | Photos
Joe Pavelski scored at 14:44 of overtime to give the Sharks a 3-2 victory over the LA Kings in Game One.

GAME TWO: LA 4 at SAN JOSE 0 - April 16 | Highlights | Photos
Drew Doughty, the 21-year-old Norris Trophy finalist the year before, was the hero for the Kings, scoring twice and assisting on two other goals to help LA even the series.

GAME THREE: SAN JOSE 6 at LA 5 (OT) - April 19 | Highlights | Photos
Devin Setoguchi helped the Sharks make some history when he scored at 3:09 of overtime to cap a comeback from a four-goal deficit for a 6-5 win and a 2-1 lead in the series.

GAME FOUR: SAN JOSE 6 at LA 3 - April 21 | Highlights | Photos
Sharks started out up 3-0; with LA threatening  to tie the game, score 3-2, Thornton and Pavelski scored two quick goals early in the third to help them win the game and take the commanding 3-1 series lead.

GAME FIVE: LA 3 at SAN JOSE 1 - April 23 | Highlights | Photos
The Kings weren't quite done yet. They scored three times in the first nine minutes and Jonathan Quick made a playoff franchise-record 51 saves at HP Pavilion in a 3-1 win against the San Jose Sharks to stave off elimination.

GAME SIX: SAN JOSE 4 at LA 3 (OT) - April 25 | Highlights | Photos
Joe Thornton was the hero for the Sharks, as he often is, scoring at 2:22 of OT for the game and series win.

Sharks win series 4 games to 2.

#3 Detroit Red Wings vs. #6 Phoenix Coyotes

The Detroit Red Wings were in the playoffs again, rematched with the 'Yotes, and, well, oh just read on.

GAME ONE: PHOENIX 2 at DETROIT 4 - April 13 | Highlights | Photos
No sweat for Detroit in Game One, as they scored three second-period goals after killing off five early Phoenix power plays to take a commanding 3-1 lead into the third period. Kyle Turris and, in the third, Radim Vrbata scored for the desert dogs. Datsyuk, Franzen, Rafalski, and Hudler scored for the winged wheel.

GAME TWO: PHOENIX 3 at DETROIT 4 - April 16 | Highlights | Photos
This game saw hard - and a few controversial - hits, as well as a near-miraculous comeback as Phoenix came back from 4-0 to make it 4-3. But for them the win was not to be. Datsyuk, Rafalski, Helm, and Homlstrom scored for Detroit, Vrbata and Doan - twice - scored for the Coyotes.

GAME THREE: DETROIT 4 at PHOENIX 2 - April 18 | Highlights | Photos
Ruslan Salei and Drew Miller shocked the Coyotes with two goals in the first 2:41 of play and Detroit goalie Jimmy Howard made it stick with 28 saves as the Red Wings took a commanding 3-0 lead in the series at Jobing.com Arena.

GAME FOUR: DETROIT 6 at PHOENIX 3 - April 20 | Highlights | Photos
Detroit completed the sweep, Danny Cleary snapped a 3-3 tie with 6:19 left, Ilya Bryzgalov's pad coming off the post he'd been protecting, giving Cleary enough room to bank one in.

Red Wings win series 4 games to 0.

#4 Anaheim Ducks vs. #5 Nashville Predators

With only one seed's difference between the two naturally they were expected to be pretty evenly matched. And for the most party they were.

GAME ONE: NASHVILLE 4 at ANAHEIM 1 - April 13 | Highlights | Photos
Mike Fisher scored two goals and Pekka Rinne made 27 saves Wednesday night as Nashville defeated the Ducks 4-1  in Game One.

GAME TWO: NASHVILLE 3 at ANAHEIM 5 - April 15 | Highlights | Photos
Ryan, Getzlaf and Perry were a combined minus-5 with one point in Game One, but they scored four of Anaheim's five goals in Game Two. Ryan capped the night with an empty-netter after Nashville pulled to 4-3 in the third.

GAME THREE: ANAHEIM 3 at NASHVILLE 4 - April 17 | Highlights | Photos
Mike Fisher, a recent Nashville acquisition, stood atop all playoff scorers with five points, including, the game-winning goal in Game Three to give the Preds the 2-1 series lead.

GAME FOUR: ANAHEIM 6 at NASHVILLE 3 - April 20 | Highlights | Photos
The Ducks routed the Preds to even the series. After rallying twice, Nashville's back was broken by Corey Perry's shorthanded tally at 1:17 of the third.

GAME FIVE: NASHVILLE 4 at ANAHEIM 3 (OT)  - April 22 | Highlights | Photos
Nashville took the series lead again, rallying to win in OT, putting themselves one victory from their first-ever playoff series win. Nashville captain Shea Weber forced overtime with 35.3 seconds remaining in regulation when his wrist shot from the left point sailed through traffic and caught the far corner past Ray Emery. Jerred Smithson banged a Jordin Tootoo pass at 1:57 of overtime for the win.

GAME SIX: ANAHEIM 2 at NASHVILLE 4 - April 24 | Highlights | Photos
Nick Spaling scored his second goal at 4:53 of the third to help his Predators team reach the Second Round for the first time in their 12-season history. Coach Barry Trotz was proud to finally see it, who'd been their head coach the entire time.

Predators win series 4 games to 2.

Eastern Conference

#1 Washington Capitals vs. #8 New York Rangers

New York's anemic offense is one of the reasons why they're last-seeded, but Lundqvist's awesome stats and ridiculous 11 shutouts was the reason they were in the playoffs at all. Washington looked to wash them out, though, even though the Blueshirts took it to 'em a few times - big time - during the season.

GAME ONE: NEW YORK RANGERS 1 at WASHINGTON 2 (OT) - April 13 | Highlights | Photos
Alexander Semin scored 18:24 into overtime to give the Caps the Game One win.

GAME TWO: NEW YORK RANGERS 0 at WASHINGTON 2 - April 15 | Highlights | Photos
Michal Neuvirth made 22 saves in his second NHL postseason start and the Capitals snuffed the Rangers in a 2-0 victory at Verizon Center. Jason Chimera and Jason Arnott (power play) both scored in the second for Washington.

GAME THREE: WASHINGTON 2 at NEW YORK RANGERS 3 - April 17 | Highlights | Photos
A goal call on the ice was reversed that would've given the Rangers a one-goal lead after two periods. Later, after the Rangers took the lead midway through the third period, the Capitals tied it with 5:12 remaining in regulation. But yet they were resilient, Brandon Dubinsky scoring a backhander at 18:21 of the third to win the game for the Big Apple.

GAME FOUR: WASHINGTON 4 at NEW YORK RANGERS 3 (2OT) - April 20 | Highlights | Photos
The Caps rallied to defeat New York in double overtime, Jason Chimera scoring at 12:36 of the second extra session, giving them the huge 3-1 series lead.

GAME FIVE: NEW YORK RANGERS 1 at WASHINGTON 3 - April 23 | Highlights | Photos
Washington finished off the Rangers, Mike Green, Alex Ovechkin, and Alexander Semin putting the Caps up to an insurmountable 3-0 lead. New York's Wojtek Wolski got them on the board with only a minute and change left but it wasn't nearly enough to avoid going to the golf course early.

Capitals win series 4 games to 1.

#2 Philadelphia Flyers vs. #7 Buffalo Sabres

A few years ago the Sabres manhandled the Flyers, destroying them in the postseason and sending them the next year into one of their worst seasons in history. Now they're facing off again, the Flyers hoping this time goes better.

GAME ONE: BUFFALO 1 at PHILADELPHIA 0 - April 14 | Highlights | Photos
Patrick Kaleta, coming off a regular season filled with injury, was the hero of Game One, scoring the only goal. Ryan Miller snuffed all 35 shots he faced to shut out the Flyers.

GAME TWO: BUFFALO 4 at PHILADELPHIA 5 - April 16 | Highlights | Photos
The Flyers edged out the Sabres to even the series. Claude Giroux had a goal and an assist, and Daniel Carcillo, James van Riemsdyk and Danny Briere also scored for Philly. Brian Boucher stopped 20 shots in relief of starter Sergei Bobrovsky for the win. Thomas Vanek had a pair of power-play goals for the Sabres.

GAME THREE: PHILADELPHIA 4 at BUFFALO 2 - April 18 | Highlights | Photos
Brian Boucher, with Sergei Bobrovsky scratched, came in and stopped 32 shots to help the Flyers grab the series lead.

GAME FOUR: PHILADELPHIA 0 at BUFFALO 1 - April 20 | Highlights | Photos
So, what, Buffalo only wins when they only score one goal? Miller stopped all 32 shots for the shut out; Jason Pominville scored on a slapshot for the Sabres.

GAME FIVE: BUFFALO 4 at PHILADELPHIA 3 (OT)  - April 22 | Highlights | Photos
Tyler Ennis scored his second goal of the game 5:31 into overtime, giving the Buffalo Sabres a 4-3 win against the Philadelphia Flyers in Game Five. Marc-Andre Gragnani and Thomas Vanek also scored for the Sabres, and goalie Miller stopped 36 shots. Andrej Meszaros had a goal and an assist for the Flyers.

GAME SIX: PHILADELPHIA 5 at BUFFALO 3 (OT) - April 24 | Highlights | Photos
Ville Leino's second goal of the playoffs 4:43 into overtime gave the Flyers a 5-4 win that evened their best-of-seven series at three games a piece. Boucher, who had been benched in Game Five, stopped 24 of the 25 shots he faced when he replaced Leighton.

GAME SEVEN: BUFFALO 2 at PHILADELPHIA 5 - April 26 | Highlights | Photos
Boucher stopped 26 of 28 shots, and led by a strong defensive effort and a resurgent power play, the Flyers earned a 5-2 victory and a second-round berth. Danny Briere had a goal and an assist, and Braydon Coburn, James van Riemsdyk, Ville Leino and Daniel Carcillo each had tallies for Philly. Tyler Myers and Brad Boyes scored for Buffalo.

Flyers win series 4 games to 3.

#3 Boston Bruins vs. #6 Montreal Canadiens

It's a face-off of two of the Original Six, the two teams having met 32 times in the postseason since 1928, the Canadiens having it over the Bruins 24-8. However, one of those 8 times, the last time they met in the playoffs the Bruins swept the 'Habs. With the advantage to Boston in offense, they looked to try to do the same again.

GAME ONE: MONTREAL 2 at BOSTON 0 - April 14 | Highlights | Photos
Brian Gionta scored twice and Carey Price stopped all of Boston's 31 shots for the Game One win for Montreal.

GAME TWO: MONTREAL 3 at BOSTON 1 - April 16 | Highlights | Photos
The Canadiens took a road 2-0 series lead with a 3-1 win. Boston was without their ailing captain, defenseman Zdeno Chara, and it showed, as they allowed Montreal's first two goals (Michael cammalleri, Mathieu Darche) in the first 2:20 of the game. Patrice Bergeron scored for Boston, and Yannick Weber also scored for Montreal.

GAME THREE: BOSTON 4 at MONTREAL 2 - April 18 | Highlights | Photos
Chara came back, and so did Boston, withstanding a late comeback attempt by Montreal. Krejci, Horton, and Peverley got Boston a 3-0 lead, Kostitsyn and Plekanec got Montreal within one, then Chris Kelly scored an empty-netter for the Bruins.

GAME FOUR: BOSTON 5 at MONTREAL 4 (OT) - April 21 | Highlights | Photos
Boston's Michael Ryder scored his second goal of the game 1:59 into overtime to cap a wild night of hockey at the Bell Centre, giving the bruins a 5-4 victory to even the series for the Bruins.

GAME FIVE: MONTREAL 1 at BOSTON 2 (OT) - April 23 | Highlights | Photos
The Bruins emerged victorious at the end of a double-overtime thriller, 2-1, when Nathan Horton scored the second playoff goal of his career at the 9:03 mark of the second OT.

GAME SIX: BOSTON 1 at MONTREAL 2 - April 26 | Highlights | Photos
Michael Cammalleri had a goal and an assist on a pair of 5-on-3 tallies and Carey Price made 31 saves as Montreal earned a season-saving, Game Seven-forcing, 2-1 victory.

GAME SEVEN: MONTREAL 3 at BOSTON 4 (OT) - April 27 | Highlights | Photos
Nathan Horton slap-shotted Boston into Round Two 5:43 of overtime in Game Seven. Boychuk, Recchi, and Kelly also scored for Boston. Montreal got tallies from Weber, Plekanec, and Subban.

Bruins win series 4 games to 3.

#4 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. #5 Tampa Bay Lightning

Somehow, some way, after going without their two best players due to injury most of the season - hockey darlings Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin - the Penguins still found themselves a 4th seed in the playoffs. Oh and they were still going to be without them in the playoffs, too. Tampa Bay, with their power scorers perfectly healthy, Martin St. Louis and Steven Stamkos, looked to take advantage of that situation.

GAME ONE: TAMPA BAY 0 at PITTSBURGH 3 - April 13 | Highlights | Photos
Alex Kovalev and Arron Asham scored 18 seconds apart in the third period to break up a goaltenders' duel, and the Penguins beat the Tampa Bay Lightning 3-0 to take Game One.

GAME TWO: TAMPA BAY 5 at PITTSBURGH 1 - April 15 | Highlights | Photos
Eric Brewer scored the important opening goal and added a pair of assists as the Lightning routed the Penguins 5-1 to even the series. Simon Gagne had 3 assists and Martin St. Louis got the game-winning goal for Tampa Bay.

GAME THREE: PITTSBURGH 3 at TAMPA BAY 2 - April 18 | Highlights | Photos
Tyler Kennedy's first goal of the playoffs 2:43 into the third period helped his Penguins regain the series lead in Game Three.

GAME FOUR: PITTSBURGH 3 at TAMPA BAY 2 (2OT) - April 20 | Highlights | Photos
James Neal scored his first playoff goal from a bad angle 3:38 into the second overtime and gave his Penguins a 3-2 victory against Tampa Bay.

GAME FIVE: TAMPA BAY 8 at PITTSBURGH 2 - April 23 | Highlights | Photos
Tampa stayed alive in a rout against Pittsburgh. Steven Stamkos lit up the Penguins' suddenly shaky defense for a pair of goals and an assist, Simon Gagne also scored his first two goals and the resurgent Lightning rolled over Pittsburgh.

GAME SIX: PITTSBURGH 2 at TAMPA BAY 4 - April 25 | Highlights | Photos
Steve Downie had a goal and two assists while Sean Bergenheim, Teddy Purcell and Ryan Malone also scored as the Lightning rallied to beat the Penguins and force Game Seven.

GAME SEVEN: TAMPA BAY 1 at PITTSBURGH 0 - April 27 | Highlights | Photos
Sean Bergenheim scored the only goal of the game and goaltender Dwayne Roloson capped an outstanding night and series with 36 saves. Tampa Bay completed the series comeback to move on to Round Two.

Lightning win series 4 games to 3.


Round Two - Conference Semifinals

Western Conference

#1 Vancouver Canucks vs. #5 Nashville Predators

The Predators were looking to continue their historic playoff roll, whereby Vancouver was looking past the seocnd-round newbies to the third.

GAME ONE: NASHVILLE 0 at VANCOUVER 1 - April 29 | Highlights | Photos
Chris Higgins scored in the second period and Canucks goalie Roberto Luongo made 20 saves for the 1-0 victory for Vancouver. Nashville netminder Pekka Rinne stopped 29 of 30 shots in the goalie duel.

GAME TWO: NASHVILLE 2 at VANCOUVER 1 (2OT) - April 30 | Highlights | Photos
In the second overtime, Matt Halischuk fired a high wrister from the right of the slot past Roberto Luongo's glove, ending the longest overtime game thus far in this year's playoffs – and the longest game in Nashville history. They headed back home with the series split. Ryan Suter tied the game with merely 1:07 left in regulation. Rinne stopped 32 of 33 shots for the win and Luongo stopped 44 of 46 shots.

GAME THREE: VANCOUVER 3 at NASHVILLE 2 (OT) - May 3 | Highlights | Photos
Vancouver's Ryan Kesler, who had yet to score in the playoffs after getting 41 goals in the regular season, broke out with two power-play goals, including the game-winner 10:45 into overtime. Higgins also scored for Vancouver, Nashville got tallies from David Legwand (shorthanded) and Joel Ward (game-tying goal).

GAME FOUR: VANCOUVER 4 at NASHVILLE 2 - May 5 | Highlights | Photos
Kesler was again the hero for Vancouver. In the second, he helped to kill a 5-on-3 for the Predators; then he followed that up by drawing a power play and scoring the game-winning goal on the ensuing advantage. Ehrhoff, Edler, and Henrik Sedin also scored for Vancouver while Ward and Franson scored for the Preds.

GAME FIVE: NASHVILLE 4 at VANCOUVER 3 - May 7 | Highlights | Photos
Joel Ward scored twice in the third period, David Legwand also had pair of goals earlier in the game and Pekka Rinne made 31 saves to help the Predators force Game Six.

GAME SIX: VANCOUVER 2 at NASHVILLE 1 - May 9 | Highlights | Photos
The Canucks grabbed an early lead thanks to goals from Mason Raymond and Daniel Sedin within the first nine and a half minutes. After that they went into defensive mode, only allowing David Legwand's goal in the second, and Vancouver ordered another round.

Canucks win series 4 games to 2

#2 San Jose Sharks vs. #3 Detroit Red Wings

Whenever these two tough teams meet in the playoffs, there's always an epic battle and plenty of surprises to expect, and this series was no different.

GAME ONE: DETROIT 1 at SAN JOSE 2 (OT) - April 29 | Highlights | Photos
Benn Ferriero, making his NHL playoff debut on his 24th birthday, scored at 7:03 of OT to give the Sharks a 2-1 victory. Pavelski also scored for the Sharkies and Lidstrom scored for the Wings.

GAME TWO: DETROIT 1 at SAN JOSE 2 - May 1 | Highlights | Photos
The Sharks' Antti Niemi made 33 saves as they held off the Detroit Red Wings 2-1 to grab a 2-0 lead in the series. Ian White and Niclas Wallin scored for San Jose and Henrick Zetterberg got Detroit within 1 with a power play goal in the third.

GAME THREE: SAN JOSE 4 at DETROIT 3 (OT) - May 4 | Highlights | Photos
Devin Setoguchi scored all but one of San Jose's goals, including the overtime winner at 9:21 of the extra period, captain Joe Thornton assisting on all of them, to propel the Sharks to the commanding 3-0 series lead.

GAME FOUR: SAN JOSE 3 at DETROIT 4 - May 6 | Highlights | Photos
Even though the Sharks rallied to tie the game after being down 3-0, they couldn't stop Detroit who was determined to live to see another game in the series. Bertuzzi, Lidstrom (twice) scored for the Wings, followed by Couture, Boyle, and Heatley tallying for the Sharks, but Detroit's Darren Helm scored the game-winner with less than two minutes left in regulation.

GAME FIVE: DETROIT 4 at SAN JOSE 3 - May 8 | Highlights | Photos
Detroit's Jimmy Howard had to make a full 39 saves to get the Wings to Game Six, impressive even though he allowed three by Setoguchi, Pavelski, and Couture. Kronwall, Ericsson, Cleary, and Holmstrom tallied for Detroit.

GAME SIX: SAN JOSE 1 at DETROIT 3 - May 10 | Highlights | Photos
The hero of the game for Detroit was Valtteri Filppula, who hadn't registered a point in five games against the San Sharks, which changed when he set up the tying goal by Henrik Zetterberg with 9:22 left in the third period, then scored the winner 1:54 later to help give the Red Wings a 3-1 victory. Game Seven: forced.

GAME SEVEN: DETROIT 2 at SAN JOSE 3 - May 12 | Highlights | Photos
Devin Setoguchi's sixth goal of the playoffs and fifth of the series gave the Sharks a 1-0 lead midway through the first period and Couture's scoring for a fourth consecutive game, was what finally gave the Sharks the edge to put away the Red Wings and move on to Round Two! Marleau also scored for San Jose and Zetterberg got the lone goal for Detroit.

Sharks win series 4 games to 3

Eastern Conference

#1 Washington Capitals vs. #5 Tampa Bay Lightning

Would Lightning strike twice? After downing the Crosbys, would they do the same to the Ovechkins??

GAME ONE: TAMPA BAY 4 at WASHINGTON 2 - April 29 | Highlights | Photos

GAME TWO: TAMPA BAY 3 at WASHINGTON 2 (OT) - May 2 | Highlights | Photos

GAME THREE: WASHINGTON 3 at TAMPA BAY 4 - May 3 | Highlights | Photos

GAME FOUR: WASHINGTON 3 at TAMPA BAY 5 - May 4 | Highlights | Photos

Lightning win series 4 games to 0

#2 Philadelphia Flyers vs. #3 Boston Bruins

Both teams had to battle through a 7-game series to get  here, the question was, which one had more steam left in the tank?

GAME ONE: BOSTON 7 at PHILADELPHIA 3 - April 30 | Highlights | Photos

GAME TWO: BOSTON 3 at PHILADELPHIA 2 (OT)- May 2 | Highlights | Photos

GAME THREE: PHILADELPHIA 1 at BOSTON 5 - May 5 | Highlights | Photos

GAME FOUR: PHILADELPHIA 1 at BOSTON 5 - May 7 | Highlights | Photos

Bruins win series 4 games to 0


Round Three - Conference Finals

Western Conference

#1 Vancouver Canucks vs. #2 San Jose Sharks

Well this doesn't happen very often does it? The top two-seeded teams in the West are indeed the last two left standing in the Conference Finals. Vancouver hoped that trend would continue.

GAME ONE: VANCOUVER 3 at SAN JOSE 2 - May 16 | Highlights | Photos

GAME TWO: VANCOUVER 7 at SAN JOSE 3 - May 19 | Highlights | Photos

GAME THREE: VANCOUVER 3 at SAN JOSE 4 - May 21 | Highlights | Photos

GAME FOUR: VANCOUVER 4 at SAN JOSE 2 - May 22 | Highlights | Photos

GAME FIVE: SAN JOSE 2 at VANCOUVER 3 (2OT) - May 25 | Highlights | Photos

Canucks win series 4 games to 1

Eastern Conference

#3 Boston Bruins vs. #5 Tampa Bay Lightning

Will lightning strike three times? Tampa Bay fans certainly hoped so. Meanwhile, Boston fans hoped the Lightning would have a bear of a time handling the Bruins.

GAME ONE: TAMPA BAY 5 at BOSTON 2 - May 15 | Highlights | Photos

GAME TWO: TAMPA BAY 5 at BOSTON 6 - May 18 | Highlights | Photos

GAME THREE: BOSTON 2 at TAMPA BAY 0 - May 20 | Highlights | Photos

GAME FOUR: BOSTON 3 at TAMPA BAY 5 - May 21 | Highlights | Photos

GAME FIVE: TAMPA BAY 1 at BOSTON 4 - May 24 | Highlights | Photos

GAME SIX: BOSTON 4 at TAMPA BAY 5 - May 26 | Highlights | Photos

GAME SEVEN: TAMPA BAY 0 at BOSTON 1 (2OT) - May 28 | Highlights | Photos

Bruins win series 4 games to 3


Round Four - Stanley Cup Finals

Vancouver Canucks vs. Boston Bruins

The two teams that may have most-deserved to be at the final dance are there, both winning hard-fought battles along the way. Luongo vs. Thomas. Let's go!

GAME ONE: BOSTON 0 at VANCOUVER 1 - June 1 | Highlights | Photos
Raffi Torres scored the lone goal of the game with 18.5 seconds left in regulation and Luongo made 36 saves for his third Game 1 shutout of the playoffs as the Canucks beat the Bruins to take a 1-0 lead in the Stanley Cup Final. Boston's Tim Thomas, the other participant in the goalie duel, stopped 33 of 34 shots.

GAME TWO: BOSTON 2 at VANCOUVER 3 - June 4 | Highlights | Photos
Alexandre Burrows scored, for the second time of the night, a mere 11 seconds into overtime, giving the Canucks a 3-2 victory and a 2-0 series lead. He'd bookended Vancouver's scoring, with that and the power play goal in the first. That was followed by goals from Boston's Lucic and Recchi in the second. It was Daniel Sedin who tied the game up nearly midway through the third.

GAME THREE: VANCOUVER 1 at BOSTON 8 - June 6 | Highlights | Photos
A four-goal second period contributed to a Boston trouncing of Vancouver, getting the Bruins back in the series. 'Nucks goalie Roberto Luongo wanted to stay in the crease for all eight goals. After Boston went up 5-0 on goals by Ference, Recchi, Marchand, Krejci, and Paille, Vancouver's Jannik Hansen got them on the board, spoiling Thomas' shutout midway through the third; at that point Luongo was asked if he wanted to stay in, he said he wanted to, and the Bruins rewarded his bravery by scoring on him three times on three shots in a span of one minute and 50 seconds (Recchi again, Kelly, and Ryder with 31 seconds left). The joyous night for Boston fans was tainted somewhat by Vancouver's Aaron Rome lifting himself off the ice to hit Boston's Nathan Horton in the head - far after he'd had the puck. That sent Horton to the hospital with a severe concussion and Rome out of the game.

GAME FOUR: VANCOUVER 0 at BOSTON 4 - June 8 | Highlights | Photos
With the legendary Bobby Orr present, and Tim Thomas' 38-save performance, the Bruins win 4-0 and even the series. Peverley, Ryder, Marchand, and Peverly again scored for the Bruins.

GAME FIVE: BOSTON 0 at VANCOUVER 1 - June 10 | Highlights | Photos
The less goals are scored, the more Vancouver wins. Maxim Lapierre scored early in the third and Roberto Luongo, stopping all 31 Boston shots, did the rest. Boston's Tim Thomas was good, too, stopping 24 of 25 shots.

GAME SIX: VANCOUVER 2 at BOSTON 5 - June 13 | Highlights | Photos  
The Bruins spanked the Canucks for the third time in as many games on their home ice. They scored four times in a span of 4:14 before 10 minutes had elapsed, chasing Roberto Luongo to the bench and forcing Game Seven at Rogers Arena in Vancouver. Those goal-scorers were Marchand, Lucic, Ference, and Ryder. Vancouver's Henrik Sedin, Boston's David Krejci, and Vancouver's Maxim Lapierre traded goals in the third.

GAME SEVEN: BOSTON 4 at VANCOUVER 0 - June 15 | Highlights | Photos
Cheers! Tim Thomas leads Boston to a Stanley Cup with the 4-0 37-save shutout! Patrice Bergeron and Brad Marchand both scored twice (Bergeron's second goal a shorthanded tally in the second and Marchand's second goal an empty-netter with more than 2 minutes to play). Vancouver decided to celebrate its humiliating Game Seven loss at home by rioting in the streets. They sure do things differently in Canada.

Bruins win series 4 games to 3.

BOSTON BRUINS WIN THE STANLEY CUP

Conn Smythe Trophy
most valuable player in the 2011 playoffs:
Tim Thomas (BOS) GAA: 1.98 SV%  .940 RECORD: 16 -9

Records for Tim Thomas: Most saves in the postseason (798) and Stanley Cup Final (238), most shots faced in postseason (849); first in history to win Game Seven shutout on the road.


Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.