In the year AD
These people were born in 1176:
- Hindu guru Shri Jinchandra Suriji, revered by Hindus, Muslims, and Jains alike, better known to his disciples as Dadagurudev.
- Serbian prince Rastko Nemanjic, the first archbishop of the Serbian Orthodox Church, later cannonized as Saint Sava.
- Philip of Swabia, future king of Germany (approximate).
- Leopold VI "the Glorious," future king of Austria.
- Andras II, future king of Hungary.
- Pedro II, future king of Aragon.
- Henry de Bohun, first Earl of Hereford, one of the English noblemen who forced King John I to sign the Magna Carta.
These people died in 1176:
1175 - 1176 - 1177