The country code top level domain (ccTLD) .LK is assigned to the country of Sri Lanka. The TLD is restricted for use that have direct connections with the country.
The connection requirement for a business or commercial enterprise is registeration and a trade license as a local corporation in Sri Lanka. Trans-national corporations like Coca-Cola have local bottling concerns and are therefore allowed to have their trademarked domain using the country TLD.
The configured third-level domains include:
- .gov.lk: Governmental Departments of Sri Lanka (Restricted)
- .ac.lk; Research and Higher Education Institutions in Sri Lanka (Restricted)
- .sch.lk: Registered Schools in Sri Lanka (Restricted)
- .net.lk: Licensed ISPs in Sri Lanka (Restricted)
- .int.lk: International Treaty Organizations (Restricted)
- .com.lk: Commercial entities
- .org.lk: Noncommercial Organizations
- .edu.lk: Educational sites
- .ngo.lk: Non-governmental Organizations
- .soc.lk: Registered Societies
- .web.lk: Web Sites
- .ltd.lk: Limited Liability Companies
- .assn.lk: Associations
- .grp.lk: Groups of Companies
- .hotel.lk: Hotels
The .LK ccTLD has been activated by the Sri Lanka authorities at the LK Domain Registry, the sponsor and registrar since 1990. In 2011, two additional related ccTLDs were added, one in Tamil, one in Sinhalese. The ccTLD is very popular inside the country.
Iron Noder 2017