& yet & yet stands as an incredible piece of music, incredibly exciting in that it is not only a decent instrumental album, but that it brings Do Make Say Think to what I consider the top tier. It is in this way that it does not suprise me that the second song on this album is called 'end of In music'. As an act of synchronicity, for which this music (among Tortoise, Godspeed You Black Emperor!, Sigur Ros, Olivia Tremor Control, and Talking Heads) has a notorious effect of producing with me, I quote from a passage that I read today:
"She picked the Hammerklavier sonata, not out of coincidence or propinquity or even synchronicity... (it is an) urgent if incomprehensible universe of structured sound... the music hammered... at things beyond such simple feelings, things that she sometimes felt were extraterrestrial or non-Euclidean or somehow beyond normal human perception. There are some kinds of knowledge, Ludwig had once claimed, that can only be expressed in music, not in any other art, not in science or philosophy... "The suspension of all the cosmological laws. The end of space. The end of time. The end of causality... Some people thought it was the end of music when it was first performed.."

Robert Anton Wilson, Schrödinger's Cat

I feel the same can be applied to Do Make Say Think's new album. Layers of guitar over complicated bass-lines, looping electronics, and a production so warm and lush, like pure communication--no noise in its distribution, to speek cryptically. .

  1. classic noodlanding
  2. end of music
  3. white light of
  4. chinatown
  5. reitschule
  6. soul and onward
  7. anything for now
Vibrational frequencies recede in tonic on the last song, hidden pieces are revealed on each listen. Eliminate your cognitive dissonance with the world. Take a listen.

This album will be released on March 28th, 2002 in the United States from Constellation records.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.