“I’m going to do something—that, I can tell you,” Trump told reporters in the Oval Office, “Because we’re not going to let New York and Chicago and Philadelphia and Detroit and Baltimore and all of these—Oakland is a mess. We’re not going to let this happen in our country. All run by liberal Democrats.”

45th President of the United States, Donald J. Trump (AKA simply "45")


As hesitant as I am to write here about current events, sometimes one just cannot resist. Two news items will be referenced to provide more information about "Operation Legend". Let's label them both as "opinion". One from left-leaning news magazine, Slate, and one from Fox News (do I need to define their political orientation?).

Operation Legend began in Washington DC, although when I referred to it, in little green men, it still hadn't been given a name yet and there was then, and still is now, widespread disbelief that this was happening in the US. The federal law enforcement agents that characterize Operation Legend have, so far, been deployed only to Washington DC and Portland OR. As the quote above makes clear, further deployments are being threatened.

The officers that represent Operation Legend in public are dressed in military style camouflage, without identification, and seem to be completely unburdened by such details as "due process" and "constitution" and "bill of rights".

Place this writer squarely among those who view this "Operation" as a distraction. A dangerous distraction, but nevertheless a distraction.

Trump Is Now Deploying Unidentified ICE Agents to Arrest Protesters in Democratic-Run Cities - Slate

Trump to increase federal agents in cities like Chicago, Portland to prevent violence - Fox News


BQ2020: 281

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.