Ah, two of the best sets of words in the English language together at last....

Egg nog ice cream uses a simple recipe to make a delicious treat up to par with the rest of your Thanksgiving feast. I have some running in the background in my Cuisinart ice cream maker as I type this node.

What You Need:

  • 2 cups of heavy cream (heavy whipping cream is good too)
  • 2 cups of egg nog. I prefer the one made by the local dairy and they spell it as two distinct words.
  • 1 ten ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 tsp Vanilla extract

What You Do:

  1. Plop everything in a plastic container and mix it with a whisk.
  2. Pour it into your ice cream maker and run it for 25-35 minutes, depending on your machine.
  3. Scoop it all back into the plastic container that you rinsed, because you are a clean, neat noder.
  4. Put a lid on and place in the freezer for at least four hours.
  5. Eat entire tub in fifteen minutes (this step optional).

Easy peasy, and tastes delicious. You can add in some butterscotch chips or substitute out a quarter teaspoon of almond extract for some of the vanilla. Tastes much better than the ice cream you get in the supermarket and doesn't have as much chemical shitstorm ingredients that you can't pronounce.

Enjoy!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.