It's Wednesday evening... HUMP DAY at its finest. I'm thinking of dropping out of society, you? Fortunately, it's only two days til the weekend, and I think I can make it another 48 hours without imploding
Now what you really need is some tunage that's a little goofy, a little upbeat - something to keep you going. How bout this:
- 01. Dance Hall Crashers - Good for Nothin 3:20
- 02. All - She's My Ex 3:17
- 03. The Vandals - Kick It (You're Not The Boss Of Me) 3:21
- 04. Alien Ant Farm - Sticks and Stones 3:16
- 05. Mushuganas - Dropout Girl 0:51
- 06. Superchunk - From the Curve 3:18
- 07. Too Much Joy - Kicking (that gone fishing song) 4:03
- 08. Atom and His Package - Going to Georgia 2:00
- 09. Angry Samoans - My Old Man's a Fatso 1:31
- 10. Les Paul and Mary Ford - How High the Moon 2:05
- 11. Down By Law - Best Friend 3:12
- 12. Smoking Popes - Need You Around 3:42
- 13. Henrietta Collins and the Wife-Beating Child-Haters - Drive-By Shooting 2:01
- 14. Billy Bragg - A New England 2:13
- 15. Shudder to Think - Ballad of Maxwell Demon 4:47
- 16. Glen Phillips - Easier 3:59
- 17. Alkaline Trio - I'm Dying Tomorrow 2:18
- 18. They Might Be Giants - Ana Ng 3:23
- 19. Black Velvet Flag - I Don't Care About You 2:23
- 20. King Missile - Cheesecake Truck 1:10
- 21. Richard Buckner - Blue and Wonder 3:47
One of my favorite sing-along songs of all time. The harmonic lady voices, the loud (almost yelling) verse. Yes, this is a song for turning up the radio.
All is the pop-punk band which formed out of the ruins of the Descendents: the band which defined pop-punk. This song takes me back to 8th grade before I knew what heartache was, when a break-up seemed as disappointing as a pop song.
Could this sound any more like a song by The Cars? I didn't think so.
Ahh, shit. This song isn't happy! Then again, it is Wednesday - a day which most certainly is not all peaches and cream. Shame on you for thinking I might provide some refuge.
I think this song was written about me. No, seriously, this was my high school boyfriend's band, and they recorded this song just after I dropped out of high school and ran away from home and slept on his parents' couch in the living room for a week. Odd how it still applies...
"Right now I feel recycled" and I'm ready for something, maybe Dawson's Creek?
I believe the motto of this song is: Everyone/thing sucks, you're gonna die, no one loves you. Now what you really need is a day alone on the lake.
I like when I'm on my way to Georgia for the weekend, but you know what? I don't like Georgia.
My old man doesn't own a house, but if he did, I know I wouldn't live there.
Listen to that guitar action! This song makes me happy.
I like just calling to hear him, so that's what I do around 9:30. I think we're making it, but sometimes the Wednesday night phone call seems far away from everything - far from last time we met, too far from the next time.
Dammit, now I'm feeling lonely... my guy isn't gone, but he's certainly not here.
This is making me feel a little better! This is one of our favorite roadtrip songs, so it still makes me think of him, but it also makes me giggle. Of course, this is really Henry Rollins. This is off a fantastic EP which everyone should own. sipping on the night train...
This is the song that taught me "pram" means stroller in British.
From the "Velvet Goldmine" soundtrack, this song is pretty indicative of the Shudder to Think later years. I'm thinking that I don't see Ewan McGregor having sex with Christian Bale often enough in my day to day.
I'm actually not sure if this is a Glen song or a Toad the Wet Sprocket song. Either way it is delightful. I'm really excited that Toad is touring right now, and I have tickets for a show one week from Saturday.
I don't really plan to die tomorrow, in fact I'd rather that didn't happen. I would like to think that I did try to kiss all the pretty girls at the right time.
Do you really need a reason?
Why didn't lounge covers of punk songs take off like the space shuttle? I think the humor is lost without hearing the original Fear recording. Think of the difference between Snoop Dogg's Gin & Juice and the Gourds'... almost non-recognizable as a cover.
and I miss everyone a lot, but I'm not really sorry, 'cause they were very delicious cheesecakes.
A few months ago this was my new favorite song. It's not my favorite anymore, but I think it's something that you all should hear.
I'm done with you now. Move along.