Ok, so we are all aware that our phones and Alexa and Siri are spying on us.

But....

Yesterday, B and I were walking the beach. We talked about my patch. What patch, you say? I am wearing a Zio Patch, cardiac monitor, for two weeks. This is so that the cardiologist can document that he did something. I get to take it off on Halloween. I mail it back to the company.

My cell phone rings on the beach.

"Hello?"

"Hello. I am ... from some company name. I am calling you about the patch."

"Patch?"

"The patch you are wearing. We are calling to check the gobbledegook. I need to confirm your name and date of birth."

"No."

"But--"

"You will have to call back and leave a message. I don't give anything out over the phone." I hang up.

Ok, she did not know that it was a Zio Patch. But she knew there was a patch involved.

And we were on a beach on the Olympic Peninsula for 3.5 hours. Agate hunting. We saw a total of two other couples and that is it.

So is it MY phone, a smart phone, or HIS phone? A flip phone.

We will find out. We have both noticed that if we discuss something on the phone new to one of us, it will show up as advertisements and links in our Facebutt feed. BUT if the phone scammers are pulling information from a private conversation on a beach with no other people around...

....ok. So what would Jesus do? What would YOU do, you brilliant noders?

Does my smart phone listen even when turned off? Let's do some testing. How about his?

Fucking phones. We have been assuming that an AI is listening. Hi AI, I need more money pretty please with sugar on it. Send it ASAP please, airmail, rush, pronto, stat, as fast as possible.

He did not get scam calls until within the last week.

Fuck. Maybe it is everything2. Heh.

I do already have a plan. Let's see, map out the testing....

Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Be careful out there.

For Iron Noder XIV