Princess is a creepy pasta. Creepy pasta for those not in the know is a term used to describe scary stories that appear on the internet. While all kinds of stories exist the traditional creepy pasta format is of a personal account or epistolary record with nothing to indicate whether it's fiction or not.

Princess delivers in the best way as an account of a family and its relation with its evil dog. Princess, a white Labrador, is in the author's own words "just evil." There is no explanation of this and the story makes this very clear. Normally asking the reader to just uncritically accept a premise like this would signal lazy writing to me but the obvious wrongness completely separate from any sort of cause is actually way scarier. Most horror has the protagonist stumble into the evil, meddling in things best left alone. Even when it doesn't the evil rarely selects its targets completely at random, it is limited to a geographic area, or certain types of people, or it has a vector it's victims have to come in contact with. Princess dispenses with all of that, the family pets had a litter and the prettiest one was unnaturally cruel and sadistic. If there is a reason we will never be privy to it.

The story progresses to the point were the family has no choice but to kill the bitch. I won't spoil the ending except to note that whoever wrote this (it's credited to Anonymous) did a masterful job of remaining just on the right side of believably by avoiding anything outright impossible. Just like Rasputin. If you want to read the story it can be found here and you can listen to it here.


9 FAST 9 FERROUS