I said once (and I meant it when I said it) that the word love wasn't used enough. I said that love should be the first word on our lips in the morning and the last word in our minds in the evening. I said love could not be spent like currency. Love is not a zero sum game; there is no way to run out of it. Before I said that, I would say that the word love was used too often. I said that people would use love as an excuse, as a crutch, as a method of distraction. Love was a word spoiled by casual romantics.

I never once tried to reconcile the two positions with each other. They were polar opposites. I wrote it all off as a simple change of mind. But I was too easy on myself. At times, my mind shifts and rolls like the ocean. I hem and haw on an issue until I have seen both sides so often I can barely tell one from the other. Too much love, no, not enough, or maybe, maybe...

Maybe neither of the two.

Lately this is all I hear. Love. Lately this is all anyone seems to want to talk about. I just want to feel love once, or, I just want to tell himher I love himher, or, why doesn't heshe tell me they that they love me because they must because I do, or, I just want to make love to someone, somewhere, anyone anywhere, who wants to make love to me too. And they toss around the word love as if there's no other word to describe such a powerful feeling, and if there isn't another word then language has failed us and we should all just stop talking and give up any hope of a world where words are enough. A world where I can send you a letter and you will read it and know that when i say this I really mean this, or when I say this I really mean that.

I have not loved as much as some, but I have loved. I have not lived as much as some, but I have lived. Don't lie to me and tell me you're any different. Don't lie to me and tell me that you know.

You're all poets. Stop pretending you're not. Give me a new word to use, give me a new way to show you how I feel, or give me a reason to believe that when you say this you really mean this.

if this was a rant, it was directed at all of you. if it wasn't, then you may take it as best suits you.