Pioneer Village, added is 1976 as an extension of the Lagoon Amusment Park in Farmington, Utah, is, as the name suggests, a old village set up for historical pupose from Utah's rich heritage of immigration.

The village itself consists of 42 buildings that date from the mid 1800;s to the early 1910's; they are actuall era buldings that have been moved on to the site, been restored and are being maintained as a functional museum of 19th century life.

Most of the buldings are cabins of one or two rooms, with a some being more than one story and a few counted as "huge" in their day, such as the Gingerbread House and the house that now houses the furniture museum. Other building include a schoolhouse, chapel, smokehouse, livery stable, rail station, print shop, clock works, blacksmiths' forge, several barns and original Lake Lagoon jail (which was already on-site).

Many of the structures have exhibits in them, either of the building as restored to period or exhibit museums (though most of the exhibits are build into replica structures as to not damage priceless antique houses). Some of the exhibits are dedicated to firearms, coinage, carriages (the kind with horses), toys and stoves (of all things).

On the "main strip" of pioneer village there are many souvineer and concession shops build into buildings that look old but are not. Places like the bakery, ice cream shop, an Arby's and an olde tyme photo studio. As well as that there are rides in this section of the park (it is an amusment park, after all) like the log flume and the Rattlesnake Rapids white-water rafting ride.

The jail I spoke to early is worth a special note. It's not in period with most of the other buldings, having been built in around 1907 when Lagoon was still Lake Lagoon and the jail was used to house "disorderly" merry-makers until about 1930-ish. As a plaque on the side of the jail states "in those days, people took their fun seriously".