I don't know how to begin this, so I'll just jump right into it. I was trolled yesterday. This is not a big issue, as it happens all the time. This time, though, it was a personal attack. It has long been the policy of this institution to not negotiate with trolls, but, well..

I have been trolled. I have lost. Have a Nice Day.

I let the troll in question actually get to me, and I did what you are never supposed to do: I responded. I rewrote a perfectly wonderful and thoughtful writeup over this one little insecure ninny. I let it get to me.

This morning, though, I did the Right Thing and filed a nuke request for it (mine, not the trolls'). The way I look at it, that's one of only two ways you can deal with someone like that. You can either get into a pissing contest that will never end because they will never admit to being wrong; or you can bow out and be noble.. Taking it up the ass it might be, but as least I can put my mind at ease about it.

A note to all newbie's: You do not have to tollerate trolls. You do not have to respond to them, and I encourage you to just ignore them if you can. Here is the thing: just because they're an level 4, they can still be a troll.

You do not have to play their game.