My father told me why high school is so horrible, and also gave me the key to surviving it. He said:

"The traits you need to succeed in high school are the opposite of the traits you need to succeed as an adult."

This is true. Creativity, inquisitiveness, and fortitude in the face of criticism are vital to being a happy and successful adult. They're also guaranteed to get you in trouble with the administration and the students alike.

To survive, just keep a sense of perspective. You'll get through high school eventually; even if you're have to check off the 720 days of high school in a book, remember that you'll get through them and have the opportunity to get into a better environment.

One other piece of advice: take the time to get good grades. There are real financial rewards for a good GPA—it's a pain in the ass to jump through the hoops for the grade, but it will pay off in the long run. (This is coming from someone who graduated with a 2.8 GPA, the minimum accepted by the college I wanted to go to). Plus, you'll find that you'll eventually have to jump through hoops in order to get something you actually want, and it's good to practice on your high school report card, which you can screw up without permanently losing the chance to get where you want to go.