I woke up at the ungodly hour of 7:45 this morning and wished I hadn't. It took me several long minutes of stretching and yawning and stretching and more yawning before I finally remembered why I was getting up so early.

Developing Effective Software Usage Requirements: Writing Use Cases.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, if you'd tricked your employer into plunking down $1395 you, too, could have participated in this exciting and groundbreaking three-day course at the Oregon Graduate Institute of Science and Technology. Not that I tricked my employer into sending me. It's the other way around, actually. Sneaky employer.

After 8 straight hours of this hardly-bearable excitement, I drove home, happily anticipating the paycheck that would be waiting under my doormat in an Airborne Express special-delivery envelope. Airborne Express, being the crappy, inefficient shipping company they are, had "attempted" to deliver my paycheck on the 27th, but had somehow failed because I wasn't home. Unlike Federal Express, Airborne Express apparently isn't smart enough to leave my packages at the apartment office.

Unfortunately for me, there was no paycheck waiting for me when I got home. After several hours of attempting to get through to Airborne Express customer service, I finally reached a helpful fellow who informed me that the van carrying my check had broken down en route. He guaranteed me it would be here tomorrow. His happy, reassuring tone reminded me of the helpful fellow who, on the 27th, guaranteed me it would be here today.

So here I sit, noding from my 24Kbps modem connection (my DSL provider went bankrupt last month), with $1.45 in my checking account (I emptied it last month paying bills and buying a new car), eating Pasta-Roni, wondering if there's enough gas in my car to get me to work tomorrow, and occasionally glancing guiltily at the pile of unpaid bills on my desk.

I am tired of responsibility. Where's my mommy?