ok, a bit of inside information about Mensa, I'm a member. I passed one of the requirements by accident, and am by no means a genius. All human beings are total morons because we are not able to answer the more important questions in life, and look at the mess we have created, and still create, in the world; maybe the score makes me less of a moron, but still a moron.

To "pass" for Mensa, you have to have a score within the 2% range of at least one of the three tested areas: general analytical skills (the pictures test), verbal skills and/or numerical. So it is possible to score excellent on say the numerical skills passing the requirement, but have an average score on e.g. verbal skills and still becom a Mensa member.

Yes, a group of members are those typical moaning people who "want to have a deep conversation on their own level" and blame every problem in life on their HIQ. As if the organization is one of those self-help groups. But not all of them are like that, and I've to say that sometimes it's nice to talk to people who don't get jealous and angry with me when I've done several things in a shorter timespan than "the average person" would do and of which I was sort of proud of because I had put a lot of effort in it; that I want to share that experience with at least one person. But for this, you certainly don't need to be a member, a good friend may even understand you better: intelligence is not neccesarily about that "magic 2% mark", but about how you use your brains. Think for yourself.
BTW: I became a member with the idea to give them the benefit of the doubt. IMHO it is like any other group you share a common interest with, like when going to the rugby club on sundays.