How it all started......

Summer, 1984 Seminal Seattle band Green River (with Jeff Ament and Stone Gossard) is born, but disbands at the end of '87. Gossard and Ament form a new band, Mother Love Bone.

March 16, 1990 Lead singer, Andrew Wood dies and the band dissolves after the release of 'Apple'. Ament and Gossard hook up with guitarist Mike McCready and start jamming. Their demo tape ends up in the hands of Eddie Vedder. In the fall, drummer Dave Krusen joins Ament (bass), McCready guitar), Gossard (guitar), and Vedder (vocals). The band is now called Mookie Blaylock and it plays its first gig at the Off-Ramp in Seattle.

November, 1990 The band changes its name to Pearl Jam.Their first US promo single is released in May 1991 and they start recording their debut album, 'Ten'. Dave Krusen leaves and Dave Abbruzzese joins.

August 1991 Pearl Jam's debut album 'Ten' is released and goes to #2 on the Billboard album chart. They begin their first full-scale tour in October and a European tour follows in 1992.

July 1992 The band join the Lollapalooza II tour, and in the autumn Stone Gossard forms the band Brad, releasing the album Shame in March 1993. A follow-up arrives in 1997.

January 1993 Pearl Jam wins two American Music Awards, two months later they scoop four MTV Music Awards.

October 1993 Pearl Jam's second album, 'VS' is released, entering the Billboard Top 200 Albums chart at No.1. Eddie Vedder appears on the cover of Time magazine and the band kick off a US tour. They are forced to cancel their summer tour the following year when they go head-to-head with Ticketmaster.

September 1994 Dave Abbruzzese leaves the band.

June 1994 Pearl Jam's release their third album, 'Vitalogy', entering the Billboard Top 200 Albums chart at #1. It holds the top spot for five consecutive weeks.

February 1995 Pearl Jam hosts 'Monkey Wrench Radio Special', including two live performances by the band plus music from the likes of Soundgarden, Mudhoney and Nirvana's Dave Grohl and Krist Novocelic.

January 1996 Pearl Jam continue to scoop gongs: two American Music Awards and their first Grammy Award for Best Hard Rock Performance. 'Pearl Jam Unplugged' first airs on MTV in May.

June 1996 Release of the self-titled album by 3 Fish, a side project for Jeff Ament.

August 1996 Pearl Jam's fourth album, 'No Code' is released, entering the Billboard Album chart at #1.

February 1997 'Yield' is released on Epic Records. Produced by Brendan O'Brien and Pearl Jam, it enters the SoundScan chart at No. 2.

June 1998 Pearl Jam begin a headlining North American tour in Missoula, Montana with dates running through September 18 in Washington, D.C.


Info from http://www.sonymusic.co.uk